Emerald Princess Cruise Review

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by jth.lampert

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We wanted to try a princess to compare to our other cruises. I did love the Movies under the stars and the nice selection of wines and whiskeys. They have 3 specialty restaurants 2 of which were quite wonderful. However as a whole, what a disappointment. Ho hum food in the dining and buffet, bad service (tips are included in cruise and it shows) missed two ports, (Yes we actually skipped two of them due to fog) and were refunded a whole $69 per person. We were stuck on the ship because of it for five days and princess would not even fill both pools for us. They decided to paint one and not open it for 10 of the 11 days. The one they did open was kept at a balmy 54 deg. Couldn't even put my feet in. I never even knew my room stewards name, because he did not need to be friendly as he already had his tip. Just a bummer. I am 42 so that could have been most of it. The cruise was absolutely catered to the over 70 crowd. Bland food and entertainment as the example.

jth.lampert's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin IE E712

I loved the location, near the elevator, and the configuration. I am never displeased with an interior room. Plenty of space to unpack your things and live comfortably. The mirrors help to keep you feeling free. I did not like the two folded up bunk beds in my way over my full size bed, nor did the Steward ever even introduce himself to me. (his tips are prepaid).

Sydney (Australia)

Excellent city, one of my world favorites. Clean, beautiful, and the people were awesome friendly.

Hobart

Historic and fun. We just walked and explored.

Picton

Town of 4500 people trying to welcome a ship of 3500 is a joke. I did find an amazing fish and chips however.

Napier

Beautiful place, highly encourage renting a bike.

Tauranga

Great shopping and walking. Excellent little hill in the middle of town to take in the whole area with its breathtaking views.

jth.lampert