3. Grand Princess
Aside for combining the cruise with a visit with my son's family in San Fran, Hawaii, like most people was on our bucket list. As well, my wife was turning 65 the next month...... Sailing right by ALCATRAZ and under the GOLDEN GATE bridge was something to look forward to. Albeit windy and overcast it was enjoyable. The weather didn't really improve until we approached the islands. The ship was in good condition (1998 I believe) but it did show signs of aging. Service was friendly. The food and entertainment both diverse and enjoyable. The cabin (deck 4 for) was clean and comfortable. We had booked our excursions on line with known excursion companies. Very satisfied. The only excursion we booked with Princess was In Maui. Unfortunately that is the one where we were notified ONLY when we entered our cabin that it had been cancelled. All the islands were unique and pleasant. Of course a day is not enough but we got a good taste of each. O'ahu has the most for tourists but with it the traffic and people. Quiet and relaxation on the others. My only beef is with the CRUISE industry as a whole. My wife and I started cruising about 14 years ago and this was number 13. What is changing is what is taking place in most industries. The accounts are now in charge and are nickel and dimeing as well as starting to create different passenger classes on board (in the shared areas). (Akin to the old European immigration days). When we started we all had the same treatment and food etc. Blending. No bias. No one made to feel uncomfortable. Now. Specialty restaurants. Specialty shows. Pay $20 per half day on the Princess Sanctuary to enjoy a quiet and improve ambiance......... The booze is not cheap and the casino's don't pay out nearly as often as Vegas. I and other people I know that cruised enjoy someone making their vacation simple, relaxing and enjoyable. As much stress as possible removed. Now, the quality and quantity of food that was available to all has been reduced and only those paying a Premium can partake. As with certain areas of the ship. Well I'm not going to the back of the ship anytime soon. If the lines don't be careful they will lose clients. I pay for a certain category of cruise ship and I do not wish to be discriminated against. Please serve accordingly. I have sailed RC, Princess, Norwegian and Carnival and they are all heading that route. Get the accounts out. Bring in Marketing people again. Make us feel SPECIAL.

Get away to Hawaii.

Grand Princess Cruise Review by ontheroad4now

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Get the accounts out. Bring in Marketing people again. Make us feel SPECIAL.
PrincessCruises3, Social Team, Princess Cruises has responded
Hi ontheroad4now, we're glad you enjoyed your time onboard Grand Princess! We strive to deliver an exceptional vacation to all of our guests, and value your feedback. We hope to welcome you onboard again soon!
ontheroad4now’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IF L220
Clean, comfortable. Plenty of storage space. Bathroom was appreciably slightly larger than some others I've experienced. Good service helped. Things did go numb in the night at times but overall no complaints for this category.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins