3. Celebrity Infinity
The ports of call were a little different from usual South American ones with Ilhabela and Buzios included. The shore excursion department did not always have correct information to give on the excursions offered, and I found that inexcusable. While the ship was kept clean, and there were no apparent outbreaks of illness on board, I never saw any maintenance done in he four weeks we were on board. Some of the hand rails were very worn and also sticky at times and there was a lot of rust showing. Many of the lounge chairs with lighter coloured upholstery looked decidedly grubby. I have never been on a ship where so many very basic food items (like lettuce!) have run out before the voyage was half over. While the quality of the food in the main dining room was quite good, the variety of the desserts in the buffet was better. Celebrity now add extra priced main meals on the dining room menu. The specialty restaurant price is usually $US45 a head, though "specials" were offered from time to time. Evening meals in the Ocean view buffet offered poor choices. All in all I was disappointed in the quality of Celebrity this cruise, I think their standard has really slipped, while they are putting higher prices on most things than other cruise lines. The staff that we came into contact with were all good, with the exception of the misinformation at the shore excursion desk and one person, who was not at all friendly at the customer relations desk. Would I choose Celebrity again? Only if the Australians got the same "deals" as those in north America, and if the itinerary was something special.

Itinerary good but the ship is lacking

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by sandiefran

Evening meals in the Ocean view buffet offered poor choices.

Would I choose Celebrity again?

sandiefran’s Full Rating Summary