3. Carnival Sunshine
This was our second cruise. Both on Carnival. I'll admit, I was a little nervous about being on the Sunshine after some of the reviews I read. But after our cruise, I have to say it was overall a very good cruise and the ship was better than expected. Earlier reviews stated the ship was overcrowded. We did not find this true on our cruise. A couple times, on the Serenity decks or at the Lido Buffet we had to look for a seat. But it never felt crowded and we were told the cruise was fully booked. We had a balcony stateroom, on deck 7, Room 7253. We found a couple cleanliness issues when we arrived at our room, but we notified housekeeping and they were corrected immediately. Getting on and off the ship was efficient with minimal delays. Food on the ship was better than expected. The only time we felt food was not very good was a few items in the breakfast buffet. We rarely ate at the buffet. The made to order omelets were very tasty. We ate at the Asian bowls, pasta bowls, Blue Iguana Mexican and Guy's Burgers for lunch. All were very good. We also had the breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana for breakfast and they were quite good. Main dining room had delicious meals each night and the staff was great. Our room steward was friendly and the room was well kept each day. We went to comedy shows, shows in the main theater and dive in movies. All were enjoyable, even if not first run productions. Overall we were very happy with the cruise and I feel some of the other negative reviews about this ship should be taken with a grain of salt as we didn't experience any of the negative comments written on other reviews. Ports were Grand Turks, San Juan, St Kitts and St Martin. Grand Turks was nice at the tourist area, but quite dirty if you left that area. San Juan, St Kitts and St Martin were very nice.

Overall Great Experience

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by jfangman124

jfangman124’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 7253
A couple cleanliness issues when we first arrived at the room. But they were taken care of promptly. Room steward, I Guski, was polite, friendly and room was kept clean and neat. Bathroom was a little small, but adequate. Shower stall was larger than on our first cruise. Water pressure was adequate and plenty of hot water. Plenty of storage space. Bed was comfortable. Balcony was large enough for the two chairs and table. Being on deck 7 you have rooms above and below so there was no noise problem.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Grand Turk
    Staying in the tourist areas at the ship dock, it is clean and nice. We had the jerk chicken at Jack's Shack, since I read several reviews about it. It was quite tasty. Margaritaville was nice but drinks were expensive. If you leave the tourist area by the dock, the remainder of the island was quite dirty. We walked on the beach outside the dock area and there was large amounts of trash everywhere. Not attractive at all. First time at Grand Turks and I was disappointed.
    View All 2,098 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Getting on and off the ship was efficient. We didn't have to wait in line more than 10 minutes.
    View All 2,141 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    This was our second time at San Juan. We walked the walkway from the cruise terminal to the forts. Then toured the fort at the harbor entrance. Very interesting as I enjoy history. We then spent the rest of our day walking around old San Juan checking out the shops. Very relaxing day.
    View All 3,767 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Jeep Tour
    We signed up, through Carnival, for Gregs 4x4 excersion. It provided us with a tour of the island to include the high rain forest areas. Our driver/guide was very knowledgabe and provide us with lots of information. He pointed out the different plants. We saw the velvet monkeys. He gave us a history of the island and what life on the island is like. Nice time and well worth the price. Downtown is close to the ship and we enjoyed time to shop.
    View All 20 Jeep Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Took a tour of the island. We were taken to the French side and Dutch side. Shown the major attractions and stopped several times so we could take photos or do a little shopping. Driver/guide was information about island history and how the French and Dutch sides are different. We were dropped off downtown after and walked through the shops before walking back to the ship. Overall it was a pleasant day.
    View All 363 Island Tour Reviews