Carnival Dream Cruise Review

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Robin04

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

This cruise is convenient for me because the Port of New Orleans is only a few hours from my home. The Dream was fun last year, but this year it was a totally different experience because of our cruise director, Chris, the Flying Scotsman, DJ Verso, and the Fun Team. They were so much fun and constantly had crazy, fun activities going on. My friends and I went to a nice, sophisticated cooking demonstration one minute, and the next minute we were running around the ship on a scavenger hunt. I think this year I enjoyed the ship more than the ports.

We did, however, enjoy the ports. We went to Little French Key in Roatan. It was beautiful, and very easy to get to by bus, and we got to see and experience a little of the city by venturing out. Mahogany Bay is lovely as well, and is only a walk away from the port. In Belize, we went snorkeling with rays and nurse sharks. It was a wonderful excursion and well worth the money. In Cozumel, we shopped and ate. It was fun, but I will probably do some type of excursion if I go there again.

My disappointment in this cruise was our cabin steward. We NEVER laid eyes on him. Last year, our steward was so attentive, we saw him several times a day. I had even brought a gift this time for our steward. Never saw him. Our room was cleaned daily, and we had turn down service all but one night. But we never met him, and that was very disappointing.

Robin04's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1443

Our cabin was on the first floor. I was afraid it would be bumpy and loud. It was not. It was very comfortable, and there was a bonus. We had 2 bathrooms, one had a tub/shower combo; the other had a shower and the toilet. It had a nice size window that actually worked as a seat to look out onto the water.

New Orleans

We love to stay in NOLA. And the port is very easy to park in and navigate.

Little French Key

One of the girls in my group knew what company we were looking for, she asked for them by name, and we rode their van to LFK. We then had to get on a boat and got to the island. It was lovely, not at all crowded, servers coming by with your drinks and food. They offered foot massages, hair-braiding; there is a small zoo that I really didn't like...the animals don't have enough room, but they seem to be well-fed and as happy as possible in a zoo...

There's shopping at the port, and I didn't see any place I would want to shop outside the port, but we only saw a very small area on the way to the key.

View All 78 Little French Key Reviews