3. Pearl Mist
It was wonderful. Way beyond my expectations. Pearl Seas went all out. There were at least 5 Pearl Seas personal on board. They went on excursions with us and made sure everything went smooth. This was only their second cruise to Cuba and they went above and beyond to make sure everything was excellent. I got on board with a chip on my shoulder because of the 7 advertised Ports we were only stopping at 3. I thought Pearl Seas was pulling a fast one on us, but once I got on board and started learning what was going on I relaxed and enjoyed the cruise. Cuba is a dictatorship and a totalitarian government. They decided everything - such as what ports we could land at, when and where we docked, when we could arrive and when we had to leave. When we were in port we had fabulous tours, excellent guides that spoke English well, and nice AC Buses with toilet. The American government makes tourist do the "People to People" program, but again it was excellent. We did not have much free time and I would have liked more. They did make sure we could buy Cuban Cigars and Cuban Rum. While we were waiting to sail into port we were on the top deck having a party and enjoying the Havana skyline. There was never a charge for for liquor at the parties or happy hour and they had Glenfiddich a rather expensive single malt scotch that I like to drink. All our excursions were covered including a night at the Tropicana night club and lunches. The show at the Tropicana was spectacular with dancing and singing. Besides a welcome flute of champagne we were given a bottle of Cuban Rum for every four guests to share, the guys cigars and ladies flowers. My single room #507 was very large and a larger deck than most cabins. The food in the dining room was good and beer and wine were included. They could have had a few nicer red wines. The staff was perfect - Very helpful and pleasant. They had some really good lectures and good entertainers. Much to my surprise we were busy all the time, and I survived without a pool and hot tub. I really like the small ship and lack of lines. I like that all expenses were covered. When I complained that I had to drink my coffee latte from a paper cup, Bob from Pearl Seas brought me (in the next port) my own personal mug that says Cuba. The old American cars are such a treat. I am sorry I did not have time to rent a pink convertible as a taxi and take a ride. The Cuban people were very friendly and lovely. They are proud of their free education and health care, and Spanish heritage. They are just getting the internet and they have to go to the parks or squares for service . As far as internet on board, it was so so. Don't count on it. I put my phone in airplane mode. I would love to go again and see all the places that were promised. I would love to snorkel and enjoy the beaches. I feel it will not be too long until we have hydrofoils from Florida to Cuba, and maybe they will reinstate the 90 Mile Ferry from Key West to Havana.

Fabulous Cuban Cruise

Pearl Mist Cruise Review by Oregonskier

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Cuba

My single room #507 was very large and a larger deck than most cabins.

Oregonskier’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pearl Mist price drops

I had a single Cabin on the top deck. It was very large and had a dresser, desk,safe,end table for large bed. Alarm clock with many places to plug in. The TV is small - about 19" The deck was double the size of most others with 2 chairs and a table. I had breakfast on the deck when I wanted to enjoy the scenery.