Marella Celebration Cruise Review

Cities of Gold

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by PhilArnold

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Middle East

This is our second time on the celebration and will probably be our last. Some of the areas on the ship are looking very tired whilst other areas have been refurbished. I think moving the theatre to its current position was a bad move. The poor entertainers have to practise whilst guests are walking through.

The all inclusive package is not all its meant to be . I like a glass of red wine yet I seemed to always get mine in a glass which is no bigger than a sherry glass. To upgrade to the premium package; we were told that both myself and my wife would both have to upgrade because both occupants of the cabin have to upgrade at the same time. Absolutely ludicrous because my wife was happy on her package. So that meant I had to persevere on my sherry glass of the house red which was very mediocre or pay the surcharge to upgrade so I could have a better quality and bigger glass of wine.

I have to say that the majority of staff on the ship are excellent. Especially Julie and Rory in the Lido bar and all the staff in Hemmingways. I must also mention our cabin steward Adi who did a really good job of looking after us.

PhilArnold's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Inside 0693

Exactly what we both expected. The cabin steward Adi worked exceptionally hard looking after us.

Bahrain

Was a good first experience of life in the middle east. The souk was really enjoyable

Muscat

Beautiful place. We couldnt believe how much colour there was. Flowers planted everywhere and all the bushes trimmed perfectly. The people were so very friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Abu Dhabi

A beautiful city being the capital of the UAE. The architecture was amazing from old world to modern and the Grand Mosque was absolutely stunning. We would definately go there again

PhilArnold