It's easy to use adjectives describing the comfort of having everything done for you, the superlatives we all use after a week of pampering and eating way too much consistently delicious food. Having just returned home from a week on Oceania Marina, I will instead tell you what I miss. Sitting there on our last day, enjoying the sound of the ship slicing through the calm seas with the sun at our stern and knowing soon we would be back to the reality we love, our dog we missed so much, my mind wandered to all the things I would miss about Oceania. I miss Surf and Turf with parmesan dusted fries for lunch in Waves, the sound of ice cold water being poured into a stemmed glass. I miss the fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning and the anticipation and wonder of fresh baked donuts on a morning here or there. I miss the grapefruit sorbet in a sweet waffle cone and the chocolate shake to which I decadently add warm chocolate and caramel sauce, even chocolate chips which are even yummier drawn through a straw. I miss Barista's with its hot cappuccino, a biscotti dunked into the warm liquid as I sit looking out over the pool, the ocean beyond while reading my latest book. I miss all the smiles and friendly greetings from Officers and crew alike. With one tiny exception not worth a mention, there was never a time that people were anything but willing and happy to serve us. I miss relaxing under a warm sheet in the Canyon Ranch spa while my feet enjoy a massage of warm oils and pampering such as those poor worn tootsies rarely experience. I miss the warm 'good morning' of our Butler, Rana, arriving with pots of hot coffee, chocolate croissants, and white linens spread on the glass table at the foot of the bed. I miss returning from breakfast to a sparkling clean room with tightly made bed and puffy pillows. Perhaps most of all I miss slipping between the sheets heaped with down comforters and sinking into the luxuriating bliss of the comfortable bed while feeling the slight swell of the ocean gently rocking me to sleep after an evening of delicious cuisine, delightful entertainment offered by the band, the singers and dancers who gave us one splendid show after another and never disappointed. And did I mention the chocolates on our pillows every single night? I miss Harvest Caye, a tranquil paradise locked away on a tiny island just off Belize so meticulously designed and easily accessed via the longest, most beautiful covered pier I've ever seen. Multi passenger golf carts dart back and forth carrying people to the bliss that awaits either on the beach or by the pool. We chose a poolside cabana with every comfort imaginable, the ultimate in decadence unless you splurge for the larger, even more grand, beach cabana. Or you can just pull up a chaise anywhere and lounge under a palm by the pool or turquoise waters. The staff on Harvest Caye was friendly, warm and perfect in every way. I miss Randy who brought us our delicious lunch and made sure we had everything we wanted. I could cruise to Harvest Caye every other morning with a sea day tucked here and there and be content forevermore. Until next time I will miss the experience only Oceania can give me .... a peace and pleasure unequalled in all my years of seeking time away from the stresses of everyday life. Oceania raises the bar and while I know there are some lines out there considered more luxurious, for us it is and shall always be ... Oceania."

I will miss Marina until next time ...

Marina Cruise Review by HeatherInFlorida

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

HeatherInFlorida’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH2 10028
Our first PH cabin was a one time special Birthday gift for my husband, but once I'd experienced this perfect suite, there was no going back and this was our 6th. This cabin could not be more comfortable, very spacious and the walk-in closet and large bath are a pleasure. If I were to complain about anything it would be the shower which is very tight.
One suggestion: Don't be drawn in to the PH1 on Deck 11 with the Executive Lounge when you can book a PH2 on 10 midship that is identical in every way, but quieter because it's not under the pool deck and does not have the overhang. I learned this the hard way ... never again.
Deck 11 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins