3. Norwegian Jewel
I wanted to see the Panama Canal. We have been on several jewel class NCL ships and like them. The layout of these ships works for us. I can't stand the smell of smoke and find it easy to avoid it on these ships. We sailed on the Sun a few years ago and could not stand being in the atrium (adjacent to the casino). We dined in several specialty restaurants. The service and food were all very good with the exception of terrible service one night at La Cucina. The service in the dining rooms was also very good. The entertainment was top notch. I really like the production shows. My favorite is La Cirque Bijou. That show is outstanding. The comedy shows were also very enjoyable. One thing I wish NCL would address is crowd control during disembarkation at ports. When anything happens to slow down the flow of passengers the line to get off turns into a mob. It seems that it should be easy to better manage the flow of passengers (see pictures below). This problem also happened at all ports on the NCL Sun. The shore excursions were good but overpriced. The embarkation process was very slow. At one point it was so backed up they stopped letting people into the terminal.

Very enjoyable cruise

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by edzucker

edzucker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 9527
Cabin was a good value but very small. I wish NCL would re-think the size of the table at the rear of the bed adjacent to the bathroom. When the beds are pushed together there is very little room between the bed and the table.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins