Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

Not as good as previous time on this ship

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruiser one

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

We chose this 9 day cruise for its going to the ABC islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. We previously went on this ship for an 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise February 2012, which we gave high ratings for.

The main complaint we had was the early dining was overloaded because a great number of the passengers wanted to do early dining just like we did. The problem I discovered with a longer cruise is many more senior citizens like myself were able to book a longer cruise because of lack of vacation time restraints.

I don't know what any cruise line can do to fix the overload as I am sure they we were trying to accommodate early dining as best with the resources they had. But telling people "Were sorry but the earliest I can get you reservations to the main dining room is 7:45 PM or you can come earlier and we will give you a pager and let you know within an hour when you can be seated". When I am at home and I go to a restaurant and they give me this line I leave and go somewhere else, but on a ship your only other option is to go to the buffet. The buffet is fine for breakfast and lunch but having this forced upon you is unacceptable. I leave it at that for the cruise line to solve. My recommendation if you want to go on a long cruise book a back to back.

The ice skating show was great as before, the other shows we skipped because we heard many negative comments from other guests and the titles of the events did not entice us.

The ABC islands themselves were very interesting. We took bus excursions to two of the islands and walked around in the shops in Aruba. We regret not taking an excursion or other activity in Aruba.

The Schooner bar with the piano player was an excellent experience that was well attended and we visited several times.

Cruiser one's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E1 9260

Our cabin steward was great giving excellent service on our balcony on deck 9. The room was quiet and comfortable

Miami

This is my first time sailing our of Miami. I called two motels in Miami and got the impression of not cruise friendly and said no thanks. Therefore we flew into Fort Lauderdale and stayed in a motel there and used QLS limo service to take us to the Miami cruise port.

I much prefer cruising out of Fort Lauderdale and their is a bunch of motels that cater highly to cruisers, even giving free shuttle service to Port Everglades.

Curacao

Interesting excursion, much of it is desert with nice beaches.

Bonaire

Great tour guide, got close up views of the pink flamingos.

Aruba

We regret not taking a tour on this island. We simply walked into the market area and looked through the many shops.

Cruiser one