3. Serenade of the Seas
I chose this cruise because of all the great islands we could visit for a winter get away. The weather and the sun were just perfect! The cruise seemed to have so many seniors traveling on this cruise. They seem to take over the centrum seating and it is hard to find a seat in the cinema and in the theatre because the seniors get there and do not move over to let others get seats. Since this is a ship that travels in the winter to the Caribbean it needs to address needs for seniors and needs for non senior guests for activities, seating and food needs. We had a hump room 9094 and we loved the balcony size. The Serenade of the Seas is the right size for a ship not too big like the mega ships are and not too small to not have anything to do. The elevators were fun to get on with the beautiful sea and ocean in front of your eyes. We ate at the Windjammer and watched a baby whale learning to breach the water on top of her Mama come right by us as we were eating! The food was good but not too special. Love the little bacon and cheese bread buns, not a fan of the tough beef items, need to offer less Indian food and add more Mexican ethnic food. Love the ice cream sundae bars and consider putting these bars back in the sweet treat areas so that the traffic flow is easier to get through. Reflections servers and staff are superb and hardworking kind and caring people but the food is not as good as in the past. Need quality and creativity to this menu. I would love to see the beds on this ship be designed for travelers needs. These rock hard mattresses and firm pillows are just horrid. The ports of call improvements that need to be done are provide golf carts to take handicapped people up to the pier front so they can get off the ship without feeling like they are being burdened by the long walks off these piers at some ports. In Barbados a shuttle bus was used and this allowed us to get off the Ship to the port front for an excursion. I have a walking handicapped due to a disease I have now and I still want to get off at ports but with 6 ports of call I could only get off at three ports to explore due to the substantial walk length which I cannot do.

Nice Islands -- Ship the Right Size

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by CincinnatiGal

CincinnatiGal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Cabin was fine and balcony was great just hated the hard mattresses and extra firm pillows that were flat and hard. The entire bed issues need to be re-thought out by RCCL hospitality and lodging directors. Also consider having a side lap blanket available if you want to take a nap in the afternoon on your bed without opening your bed yet.
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans