3. Celebrity Summit
I will start by saying Captain Alex is running a tight ship. He has a crew with high morale that go above and beyond to make sure every aspect of our vacation was excellent and went smoothly. From embarkation to debarkation, everything worked like clock work and there was never a worry or concern. The food was spot on in the dining room and the buffet. Our server Xiomara was a cut above and never ceased to insure our experience was top notch. Never a miss on any meal though there was a temperature issue at times with the after dinner coffees but she doesn't make them. The condition of the ship is superb for a ship its age. There are some spots that need some paint, but hey, I spent 20+ years in the Navy so I notice those things. And the reason they call ships "she" is because it costs so much to keep them both in paint and powder - Chester Nimitz. The bartenders and servers were quick and responsive everywhere. And the pool area, while crowded was clean and enjoyable. There could be better enforcement of the holding of chairs as we saw multiple groups of chairs held for hours with no on in them. The staff entertainment was superb and two of the comedians were very good. Sure, the age of the guest was elevated, but that is what you get in mid February. We had an excellent time with our travelling partners and enjoyed every bit of the cruise. The negative reviews seem to be from people who need others to help them have a good time or were stressed by their kids. Any vacation is what you make of it. My only concern is the obvious and blatant cost cutting. No ice sculptures, no towel animals, no midnight buffet. We wanted for nothing, but could not help but notice the corner cutting. If there is anything I would like to impart to Celebrity is that if you are going to be a luxury cruise line, you can't do it while making you cost cutting so apparent.

Mostly excellent, opportunities for improvement

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by ohiocruiserlmw

The staff entertainment was superb and two of the comedians were very good.

ohiocruiserlmw’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Ocean View 6
Cabin 06 6019
Pick this cabin. It is the last forward oceanview before the balconies start an is at least 12 feet longer than all the other cabins in the row making it feel like a suite. All was clean and comfortable with one exception. When they put the 2 beds together, usually there is a gap filler that makes it feel like 1 big bed. They didn't have those and was a little annoying.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins