3. Star Princess
My husband and I cruised with two other couples.We enjoyed the ship and the crew. Check in went smoothly and rooms were ready as soon as we boarded. Room E632 was an obstructed view but our cabin had good view. It was located close to elevators, laundry , activities and dining. Captain and crew were one of the best ever of my 16 cruises. Captain was out and about and greeted passengers. He participated in many activities. Our dinning room servers in the Amalfi were wonderful. Giovanni, John and Von were professional and FUN! One night it was like a party with friends. Servers from nearby tables joined in singing and dancing. If they saw us in other dining areas they came by to say hello. I really enjoyed Leialoha and Tikki Dave. Dave's lectures on the ports were excellent and he is a very good speaker. He also entertained with his wife, Leialoha and treated us to music of the Islands. He also did a show Music through the Ages in the Princess Theater. My favourite activity was the Hula lessons. I met some lovely people and we got to perform on stage. It was 4 sea days to Hawaii. We found lots to do and I never did get to read my books. Honolulu was our first stop. Being seniors we got on the bus for $1.00. First stop Pearl Harbour. You could spend the day there but we just toured the Missouri . Another bus ride took us to the North Shore to watch surfers and had a nice lunch. Another bus ride back to town and a bit of shopping. We got to use our transfer for ride back to ship. All day of travel for $3.00 Kauai was my favourite island. We rented a car and toured on our own, Waimea Canyon was beautiful. There were free shuttles from ship to several shopping areas ( even Costco). In Maui we walked off tender and visited shops and got an hour of beach time. Weather was not great but I needed the beach. On the Big Island of Hawaii, we did an independent tour of the volcanos, orchid nursery and macadamia nut farm. Then 5 days at sea to Encenada. We did a bus tour to La Bufadora. We took a tour from the people who run the shuttle to town. There is not much to do in town but tour brought us through the country side and beautiful scenery of the ocean. This was a good bargain at $15.00 with a coupon. Good shopping and eateries there too. While I think I prefer the Caribbean for the beaches this was a very nice holiday.

Cruise to Hawaii

Star Princess Cruise Review by ekb1969

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

Check in went smoothly and rooms were ready as soon as we boarded.

ekb1969’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV E632
Great location for getting to where I needed to be. Enough space for my needs.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins