3. Queen Elizabeth
Massive fail from Cunard. I've been on more than 15 cruises. Loved everyone one of them, and am constantly amazed at whingers (but sadly the experience on Queen Elizabeth has made me a whinger this time).The service on Australia's P&O is dramatically superior to Queen Elizabeth (and that says a lot as they are generally recognised as the entry level cruise company in Australia). We compared this ship to Basil's shambolic Fawlty Towers. In almost every instance the staff were clueless or just didn't care less. After swiping our cards to gain entry onto the ship, we were not even greeted. No welcome, no photo, no assistance to find our cabin. NOTHING! My wife is vegetarian. The meal options for her were appalling. More than half were indian themed which is not to my wife's liking. She had to pre-order her dinner the day before (that's OK), and she asked for a vegetable pasta or a vegetable paella. They came back and said "no, the chef will not do it". I ordered fish. It came with vegetables. I kindly asked for a side of chips. the waiter loudly sighed and said "Well.... i will write it down" and sighed again. At $600 a night i didn't expect this type of dismissive rudeness from the waiter. He was clearly annoyed that I requested an item not listed on the menu. Seriously , its just chips (which is surely on the kids menu). At afternoon tea, which is a version of a High Tea we waited 40 minutes to get our first item of food offered (most passengers are served within a few minutes). Some how the waiter kept running out of food just before he got to our table (and then forgot to come back), or was called by his boss, or responded to a customer request, or just chatted to a passenger and then got distracted. When there was 5 minutes left before High Tea closed we finally got offered some food (at this time 90% of passengers had finished and left). Watching the staff on this ship is akin to viewing a bunch of school students who have just started work experience in a field they have no knowledge, skill or training in. No friendly banter from dining waiters, very few smiles or any sign of interest from bar staff (To be completely accurate, the Yacht Club Bar attendant was very friendly, though I will mark him down for charging $40 of drinks ordered by the table next to me to my account - I discovered this when I reviewed my account when leaving ship). The Purser offered no apology when advised I had been overcharged. I was simple told she would report it. I asked if I could be contacted so i know its been sorted. She said "no we can't. Just check your credit card statement to see if we credit you". The casino staff were the only people that seemed to actually like working on the ship. they were wonderful and friendly. The staff seemed bored, disinterest, and unhappy working on the ship. No hot water on ship on 2nd day until after lunch (thats OK, things go wrong on ships) Rather than informing the passengers, they let each of us strip off and wait patiently with our hand in the water of the shower, wondering when the hot water would kick in. Then you wait patiently on the phone to report the shower issue and then you are told (without any apology or empathy) that due to maintenance there is no hot water on the ship. The actual ship - AMAZING. Loved it. the decor and style is brilliant. Opulent and luxurious. Sadly it ends there. My wife and I met some lovely people and still had an absolute ball, but the constant staff failings required a very positive attitude. We expected something special ............ Fail.

Terrible service ... Lovely ship

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by kierinryan@hotmail.com

Massive fail from Cunard.

The staff seemed bored, disinterest, and unhappy working on the ship.

kierinryan@hotmail.com’s Full Rating Summary