3. Queen Victoria
Desire to visit the listed countries in South America and good experience in the past with Cunard . Cunard and imagine cruises got my name wrong and despite numerous attempt to correct this up to 6 weeks before the trip commenced. Air tickets Transfers etc. We're all issued in the wrong name. Hence I'm having difficulty claiming my frequent flyer points with B.A. And other connected airlines. The name was corrected on the site but didn't get through anywhere else??? Boarding in Rio was hell . Confusion everywhere . The guide left us in a bus garage ! We were very disappointed with the food and service in the Britannia restaurant. We were on the Queen Victoria 8 years ago and were very impressed with the excellent standard of food presented everywhere , particularly in the restaurant. However we finally gave up and chose to pay to dine in The Verandah which served the standard of food and service we had experienced in precious cruises including the Queen Mary just one year ago, we also dined in La Piazza which was very average . We were and are not alone in our commentary . Everyone we spoke to who had sailed with Cunard previously felt the same I.e. That the standard had dropped enormously. Some will never travel with Cunard again . I found it extraordinary that few spoke up about this when we had the opportunity to do so . However they won't be back, In addition some of the guides onshore were truly dreadful . The staff in the travel section were pretty average . Again compared to previous cruises. The cabin crew and Purser's staff were very good and of the same standard we had found previously. There's no doubt economy is in the air but I truly believe it's 'short term gain and long term pain' the amount of custom they have lost must be enormous. Still perhaps they're looking at a different clientele . Who knows.

South America

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by togram

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The name was corrected on the site but didn't get through anywhere else???

Boarding in Rio was hell . Confusion everywhere .

The guide left us in a bus garage !

CunardPR, Specialist, Public Relations at Cunard North America has responded
Dear togram, On behalf of Cunard, thank you for taking the time to review your experience on Queen Victoria. We are extremely sorry to hear about your embarkation delay in Rio de Janeiro. Our teams work closely with the port agents to ensure smooth processes, and we will be sure to relay your feedback and understand what happened here so it does not happen again. We would also like to apologize for your dining experience onboard as it relates to quality and service in the Britannia Restaurant. Our onboard team work tirelessly to provide guests with the finest service and dining experiences, and we do apologize that you did not feel that this presented itself during your voyage. We will relay this to the team so this does not happen in the future. Thank you for also sharing your feedback in regards to the cabin stewards and Purser’s staff. Please know that your review is greatly appreciated as we work to continue to provide every guest a fantastic and memorable onboard experience. On behalf of Cunard, we again apologize and hope in the future that we can welcome you back for a more positive experience. Best regards, Meryl
togram’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Victoria price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA 6030
Good
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins