• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2017
Cabin: Balcony
Apia, Western Samoa.
Honolulu skyline taken from the Aloha Tower.
Stateroom 5062 (BB) just forward of midships. Minimal movement in choppy wa

I booked the San Francisco to Auckland leg of a World Voyage on the Queen Elizabeth. This was my first cruise and I'm pleased I chose Cunard. I had one and a half days in SFO before embarkation, booked as part of the cruise and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in that lovely city.

Embarkation was a bit chaotic, not helped by pouring rain, disembarking passengers arriving at the hotel at the same time as those who were checking out however, once we were at the pier, things ran smoothly. I found my stateroom with the minimum of fuss and fell in love with the space that would be my home away from home for the next 17 days. The stateroom (5062) was spotless and throughout the voyage I couldn't fault the effort that went into maintaining cleanliness. Likewise service elsewhere in the ship was always courteous and obliging. I had no reason to seek out the Purser.

I dined in the Lido buffet for lunch and most dinners. As a solo traveller I found dining in the Britannia restaurant disappointing having been seated at a table with 2 other couples and I was uncomfortable. However, I couldn't fault the waiters in the Britannia and I liked the food.

Response from MerylP, Specialist, Public Relations at Cunard North America

Dear Glendan16, On behalf of Cunard, thank you for taking the time to review your experience on Queen Elizabeth. We are pleased to read about your positive experience onboard. Please know...

Balcony

Cabin BB

I loved my cabin. It was situated convenient on Deck 5. I especially enjoyed being able to sit on the balcony and listen to the sound of the water. Total relaxation for me. The cabin was kept spotlessly clean and tidy and I found the bathroom to be more than adequate and very clean. I had read many reviews regarding the bathrooms but I couldn't fault them.

2 Helpful Votes