3. Queen Elizabeth
I booked the San Francisco to Auckland leg of a World Voyage on the Queen Elizabeth. This was my first cruise and I'm pleased I chose Cunard. I had one and a half days in SFO before embarkation, booked as part of the cruise and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in that lovely city. Embarkation was a bit chaotic, not helped by pouring rain, disembarking passengers arriving at the hotel at the same time as those who were checking out however, once we were at the pier, things ran smoothly. I found my stateroom with the minimum of fuss and fell in love with the space that would be my home away from home for the next 17 days. The stateroom (5062) was spotless and throughout the voyage I couldn't fault the effort that went into maintaining cleanliness. Likewise service elsewhere in the ship was always courteous and obliging. I had no reason to seek out the Purser. I dined in the Lido buffet for lunch and most dinners. As a solo traveller I found dining in the Britannia restaurant disappointing having been seated at a table with 2 other couples and I was uncomfortable. However, I couldn't fault the waiters in the Britannia and I liked the food. The ship stopped at Honolulu, Lahaina (Maui) Samoa and Auckland. We were scheduled to stop in Nuku'alofa however, because the captain had concerns regarding strengthening winds, a decision was made to bypass this planned stop. After obtaining permission from the Port of Auckland Authority, we were granted permission to berth in Auckland a day ahead of schedule. I would definitely go again. This same cruise stops at Tahiti next year and I'm very tempted.

Lovely cruise

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Glendan16

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

CunardPR, Specialist, Public Relations at Cunard North America has responded
Dear Glendan16, On behalf of Cunard, thank you for taking the time to review your experience on Queen Elizabeth. We are pleased to read about your positive experience onboard. Please know that we at Cunard take pride in providing guests with the utmost service, and we are pleased to know that you experience onboard. Thank you for also sharing your feedback in regards to being a solo traveler in the Britannia Restaurant. We seek to make dining a positive experience onboard, and we will definitely take this into consideration as we continue to create seating arrangements for our single travelers. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review your experience, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your Trans-Pacific voyage. Thank you for sailing with us, and we hope to welcome you onboard again soon. Best regards, Meryl
Glendan16’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 5062
I loved my cabin. It was situated convenient on Deck 5. I especially enjoyed being able to sit on the balcony and listen to the sound of the water. Total relaxation for me. The cabin was kept spotlessly clean and tidy and I found the bathroom to be more than adequate and very clean. I had read many reviews regarding the bathrooms but I couldn't fault them.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Whale Watching
    Really enjoyed this. We didn't get all that close but there is still something lovely about seeing the spout in the distance as well as their graceful bodies coming out of the water.
    View All 57 Whale Watching Reviews