3. Costa Diadema
Sadly I found this cruise horribly disappointing! We had multiple issues on board and no help. My first issue was with the social media internet package. It never worked properly. I purchased it mainly for instagram and I never was able to get it to work. I spoke to the same customer service person everyday trying to get it fixed. Then the whole thing shut down and would not work at all. When I showed them I was promised a refund and was later denied because the IT department said it worked fine from their end. That is all great and wonderful, but as a customer who paid for a service I did not receive it. I was told an IT person denied my refund, I never met this person he never looked at my phone or tablet as both didn't work. We then purchased an excursion after being told there was going to be a train strike. Excursion Florence and Pisa this experience was probably one of the worst things I have ever done. First the tour guide lost in the walk to Pisa, he never even took into account that a 4 year can't walk as fast as an adult. When I called him to find out where he was, he hung up on me, I called back and tried to tell him where I was, but he didn't listen to everything and again hung up. After waiting 15 minutes I called again and he realized how upset I was, he at last listened to where I was. We made a meeting point, but at this point our whole time Pisa was gone and we didn't get to see much of the Tower other than in passing. The tour guide then said he would stay with us in Florence and match his walk to my sons walk. He did for about 5 minutes then took off. I ended up carrying my 4 year old all over Florence, but what makes it even worse is that he was moving so fast people were pushing to keep up and my FATHER FELL. He injured himself and his DSLR camera. He asked if my father was ok then proceeded to go on his way not trying to assist in any other way. At this point you would have thought he would slow down. He did not, my father is limping to keep up. Florence was again miserable. Then on the way home we stop at one point so the driver and guide could use the restroom, they don't even bother to ask us. My son who had gone to bathroom prior to leaving had to pee, but it wasn't about us I guess. We then get to the ship I rush off get to the boat carrying my son who is in tears having to pee and ask 3 different employees where the closest restroom is and they all say I DON"T KNOW. I then had to rush up 2 flights of stairs, but it was too late. My son who I told just make it to the boat and all will be ok, had an accident. I then go to talk to customer service and directed to the Excursion office, I spoke to a women who promises to get back to me in 24 hours. She never did! So the next day I go back down to find out what happened and I am told there is nothing they can do. I then ask to speak to a manager. I am told she will be down in a moment, I said ok but I was timing her. I was pretty upset at this point. 20 minutes later no one has arrived. I ask again where this person is, they are surprised she isn't there and call again. Again I am told just a minute 10 minutes later she finally arrives. She apologizes and says sorry I was eating dinner, I am sorry but leaving a customer waiting and then telling them you were eating is pretty upsetting. My family was saving a table at the buffet and unable to eat, which I told her. There should have been another person on call to handle something while she was eating. I completely understand them needing breaks, I don't understand being left waiting. I tell her my story, all I am asking for is a refund on our miserable tour, she says all she can do is one ticket. I am sorry this is unacceptable. I ask about my father and camera and she says that isn't her problem, I can file a claim with insurance. At no time did she apologize. She acted surprised said the tour was great for kids. That is great and wonderful, but is was horrible for us. She said the Tour manager had made her decision, again didn't meet her. There was no I am sorry for what has happened, no let me see what I can do. No offer of anything. The one positive I have about the cruise is the fantastic staff they have in the kids club. They are amazing at what they do. As someone who has 17 years in Customer Service first Disney and now an airline (I purchased this cruise through Costa) I am very disappointed in the customer service staff on board that ship. I have never been anywhere as unwilling to help as this cruise. The food is only mediocre and it is the same thing everyday. They also close off areas in the buffet for pay for restaurants, I would understand this if they had been even half full, but they were completely empty. So you lose seating for the buffet for empty restaurants. We also did not getting any disembarkation information until after 10pm I had to go and hunt down someone for everything so we could go to sleep. I called at 8pm trying to find out where it was and was told it was on its way. You also had to be out of the room, prior to even docking back in Barcelona. If most cruises can turn a whole ship without doing that, how is it Costa can't turn half that in 4 hours.

Horrible Customer Service