3. Marella Celebration
This was our 18th cruise, we even did the Thomson inaugural cruise and Thomson is my ‘go to’ cruise line mainly because of the drinks pricing, many cruise lines charge a 15% service charge for every drink which soon mounts up and also the tipping which is included but we did tip as we felt fit. The atmosphere on the ship in the restaurant was very serious not at all like the other ships which is a big part of my cruise, when the dining room staff do the baked Alaska dance and staff perform during dinner-always well appreciated. One of the managers in there was so serious faced-I never saw him smile once and seemed to be watching the staff intently and made a pleasurable fun time very serious and I was loathed to speak to the waiters in case they got in trouble for talking too much. The cleanliness and food in all areas was faultless, as was the entertainment and people went into the theatre early as it was quite small but then there was an opportunity to buy the best seats, which I thought was a bit much. The sound from adjoining rooms was loud (at night) especially as there were many people with bad coughs etc. which added to the problem but the cabin was very clean and tidy. The duty free prices for alcohol on see days was excellent- 2x1l bottles of Gordons gin for £16. The internet pricing was very expensive but most of the ports had free wi-fi and everybody including staff used this. The excursions were pricey but prices in the Emirates seemed expensive anyway. My main gripe with Thomson is their flexible pricing-so watch the prices before you book as they vary a lot. I booked almost a year in advance and paid over the top but sometimes the all-inclusive prices seemed to rise when the basic price dropped so I would like to see past customers (and there are a lot of people that sail with Thomson all the time-almost like a club) get the best price prices-like frequent flyer tiers without the worry of it being cheaper at another time. I even wrote to the CEO but never got a reply. I have been on the Royal Caribbean ships that Thomson have bought and am sure they will add to Thomsons popularity-hopefully with plenty of sunbeds as it always seems a general cruising hassle. I was disappointed as the flight landed at another airport which was about an hours drive-shame really as the main airport in Dubai is awesome and this one wasn’t very good at all. The itinerary was good and I enjoyed the cruise but will definitely make sure I book another cruise after carefully monitoring the prices.

Arabian Nights

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by wacky60

The excursions were pricey but prices in the Emirates seemed expensive anyway.

wacky60’s Full Rating Summary