3. Allure of the Seas
We booked this cruise with family and friends as well as our family of 5 in mind. The attraction was how much there was to do onboard along with the variety of shows and activities. None of these disappointed. The teens and kids really enjoyed the kids clubs and activities. Crew had a large variety of games and activities for those kids interested and otherwise there were the climbing wall, flow rider, zip line, board walk, pools, and so on. The Food in the dining room was superb and there is really no reason to go to the alternate dining venues other than to try them out. We did go to Giovanni's the first night as RCI had a promotion on for alternate dining on the first night. The service was amazing and the food was absolutely phenomenal! If the dining room hadn't been so awesome, we would have been back for sure! The ports less important to us than the dates of sailing and the ship itself. However, we were in Nassau, St Thomas, USVI, and St Maarten. Ship was only docked in Nassau from 7 am to 2 pm. Nowhere near enough time to go to Atlantis for the crazy expensive price it would ave cost us. To spend that kind of money (about 250 USD each) we would have had to be there ALL day for me to even consider it. So instead we went with a beach day at the Hilton Colonial Hotel booked through Resort for a Day. It was very relaxed, within walking distance of the port (very important as my Dad has mobility considerations and was using a scooter) and was not costly (I think it was 60 USD per adult and 30 USD for children with a 40 USD resort voucher per person, which we used for food and drinks). A bit of browsing the shops on the way back and that was good enough for us. In St Thomas, we took an RCI excursion to Coal World, mostly because it was accessible for my dad. The port itself was lovely and well maintained. There were plenty of shops to browse while we waited for the tour operator. The transportation was very good, an open air bus. Not terribly informative during the drive but that was fine with us too. Coral World is small, not a lot of food choice so if you have allergies or picky eaters bring something. It can easily be seen n the 2 hours allotted. Coki Beach is right next to Coral World. Nice beach and some in our party stayed to enjoy it rather than shop downtown. A word of warning though, don't wait for too long after Coral World closes to look for a taxi if you stay at e beach. Our friends got the very last one in an empty parking lot only a short while after closing. St Maarten was the big winner in terms of ports for us. The port had a very large variety of shops, so many we didn't get into them all. It was clean and easily navigated. We went with Shore Excursions Group for this port on a snorkelling trip, which was amazing! The crew of the boats (Kevin and Mika) were very helpful and pleasant. They were extremely careful of everyone's safety and clearly knew what they were doing. The transportation from the port and back was excellent (large air conditioned bus) and the marina they were located in was very clean, modern, lovely. It gave us a lot of confidence, very important when going with children and my mom (in her 70s). Water was the most beautiful colour I've ever seen and so warm. The beaches (Tintamarre and Pinel) were fantastic, with the finest sand I've ever felt. We saw turtles and rays. The variety of sea life was not as extensive as we've seen at other places (Belize and Honduras) and the colours weren't as striking, but there had been some turbulence a few days before and we were told the water could be murky, which is really wasn't. The boat only held 14, so a nice small size and there were plenty of drinks (pop, beer and water) and some delish sandwiches (Mika gave away her recipe and my girls have been making them at home ever since!) I would absolutely recommend this excursion. It was reasonable (about 110 USD each I think) and worth it! Onboard we went to Mama Mia! Amazing production! Blue Planet, also really good, though some technical problems partway through caused an unanticipated intermission. Oceanaria, the water show was so good! Lots of acrobatics, high dives and amazing Other highlites on the ship were the fitness centre, very well set up with lots of equipment. I didn't manage to get to the spa, I'll try to get to the thermal spa next time. The shops were fine to stroll through, we very much enjoyed the Central Park area. Peaceful and great coffee! Next cruise will be a small ship for us, Freedom, and again dates will be important for us. I hope to be able to experience a different itinerary as well. Another great trip!

Family Trip

Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

The cabin was roomy enough for all 5 of us! The bunks were perfect for my teens, though the space they were located in seemed smaller than on the Navigator.
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Everglades Tour
    air boat ride with a very enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide. Saw lots of alligators, very cool. The guide also showed us some really interesting vegetation and survival tips. Lots of fun! Not much in the way of food options there and it;s not close to anything so bring snacks and water!
    View All 123 Everglades Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    Short walk from the port. Clean and modern. Nice private beach with a large pool and plenty of seating. There was a cafe and bar available by the pool and the resort credits covered the lunch and drinks for all of us. A relaxed day over all. The only suggestion would be to open to cafe/bar earlier than 11.
  • Snorkeling