3. Carnival Dream
We chose this cruise as we just wanted to cruise for Valentine's Day. It was our third cruise on the Carnival Dream. It was the Dream's first week out of dry dock. I am not sure of all the work done in dry dock, but it appeared to me that technology in the main Encore theatre had undergone a very nice upgrade. It also appeared the equipment in the gym had been replaced, which was very nice. Being our third cruise on the Dream we knew what to expect and were not disappointed. The embarkation process was about as normally encountered when cruising on Carnival from New Orleans. No surprises this time. Previous cruises on the Dream we dined in the Scarlet Dining Room, this was our first in the Crimson Dining Room, table 314. We were very pleased with the quality of food, and our Head Waiter, Jay, was excellent. Jay is very friendly and goes out of his way to make his guests dining very memorable. One of the things we love about cruising is making new friends while dining. We were very blessed with great dining companions on this cruise. The current cruise director on the Carnival Dream, Chris, The Flying Scotsman, is absolutely, hands down, the most talented cruise director I have experienced across all my cruises. And... if you love AC/DC, you will love Chris!!! One my personal reasons for continuing to cruise has been my experience with the cover bands which has always been on my Carnival cruises. There was not a typical cover band on this cruise, and I was concerned how the music experience would be on this cruise. Apparently Carnival does not have a live "Show" band for shows in the theatre on the Dream any more. It seems they have taken show musicians and put together bands to perform in the main lounge area, Ocean Plaza on the Promenade deck. I don't want to take anything from these musicians, they are all excellent musicians, and play their instruments quite well, but the experience is very different from say a four person cover band which has played together for years. For my taste I prefer the cover bands. The majority of Carnival guests are probably not as music oriented as I am. I'm an old 70's rock and roller and the new format just doesn't appeal as much to me. That being said, my concern for music experience on this cruise was quickly dispelled. I was quite surprised by the Sky Breeze String Trio. This trio often performed in the Dream Atrium. The trio consists of a first violin, second violin and viola. They play with accompaniment tracks and cover a wide variety of music genres from Adele to Michael Jackson to the Beatles to Led Zepplin. The Sky Breeze Strings Trio was absolutely the music highlight of this cruise for me! In most cases if they were playing, I was there enjoying it. Each member of the trio is very talented on their respective instrument plus they are very nice people who are appreciate of the guests who enjoy their music. I noticed a lot of the same guests were there a lot. I recommend to any Carnival guests who find they have the Sky Breeze String Trio on board to check them out. Carnival "hit a home run" with this trio. We enjoyed our this cruise so much that we are considering cruising on the Carnival Dream again this year.

Carnival Dream - Week of 2/12/2017

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by MagicDM

MagicDM’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E 6348
This was our third cruise on the Dream and we selected an interior cabin. We spend very little time in the cabin and interior works for use. Our cabin was as expected, the accommodations in very good condition. Also, our cabin steward, Arnold, provided us excellent service.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins