3. Carnival Vista
We were a party of 4. Grandparents with teenagers. Flew into Miami stayed at Sheraton near port. Getting to ship was easy and boarding went smoothly. We had a balcony room. Which was beautiful. Even with two teens it was nice. Large TV, comfortable beds. Room Stewart very attentive. We had anytime dining. This was only negative for me. Perhaps it was because we were a party of four. We were being placed next to service areas. It took a long time for service. Some people complained they were missing shows because of wait. I mentioned this to Matre D and they began to move us nearer to window. This helped some. We dined in Steakhouse (our favorite) and the Italian restaurant, which was ok, kids liked. I'm not a big pasta eater. We visited San Juan where we hired a tour guide. It was a nice tour. A large well air conditioned van. Then we visited St Martin we took a cab to Orient Beach. Bought a few great jewelry pieces from a woman who has been in vogue. http://azitiz.fr/acceuilazitiz_en.html Then took cab to yacht club and ate lunch at a quiet French restaurant overlooking boats. It was very good. We shopped in Marigot for ray ban sunglasses. We returned to ship via cab which took us the scenic route. Lastly we took catamaran snorkel tour to 7,000 ft drop. Beautiful and exhilarating. Very attentive staff finishing up at a beach music and dancing Back onboard there was no shortage of things to see and do. It was wonderful. Shows very good, comedians hilarious. We also chose to hire the Dream Studio private photographer. This was so nice and very high quality photos and lighting. Our teens liked they didn't have to stand in long lines for pictures. They had places to go and things to do. Playing the many sports games, etc. It was easy to stay in touch via iMessage. Getting off went smoothly as did flight back home. I highly recommend this ship. I have cancer and have been on 3 cruises in last 6 months, all with family members. making memories. I mentioned we've done the dream studios. Jessica Rosslee was our favorite photographer. She's good really really good. Find her on Facebook and precook if you can. She trained with Don on Vista and then Legend now Dream. Many say it's too expensive, it's not, they work with you and quality is excellent. Don't be afraid to check them out. For me this was a highlight of the cruise. My family can enjoy for years to come. Lots to do on this ship. Never made it to IMAX. Never felt crowded. You're going to love it!

Beautiful Ship - hated to leave

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Larry6905

Getting off went smoothly as did flight back home.

I highly recommend this ship.

Larry6905’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E
Cabin was beautiful loved balcony. Kids loved watching stars while face timing friends back home. Cabin Stewart was great. Room service every morning for coffee and fruit. We were very near Havana cabins. May need to try next.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins