3. Crown Princess
We took this cruise as part of a longer holiday in South America. Frankly I am amazed at the two earlier whinging reviews published but then again, regular cruisers will recognise the types who never seem satisfied. It must be remembered that this cruise was priced mid-range and therefore one cannot expect five-seven star crushing. Nonetheless we had a great time. Embarcation and disembarkation were quick and seamless. Our cabin was exactly as it said in the brochure. Staff were unfailingly helpful. However they were under pressure to sell. I did not like the hard sell aspect of this cruise and I have not experienced such a hard-sell another cruises. We had intended to use the Crown Grill on two occasions but did not because of the quality of food in Boticelli's and the equally good service. My wife is a coeliac ( a genuine disease, unlike the pretentious gluten intolerants etc.) and she had a royal voyage, thanks to the attentiveness and availability of gluten free options. Our fellow diners were most impressed with the service offered to her. The buffet style restaurants provided very good food and very good options. Other than a limp ventriloquist, Showtime was generally good. Allowing for musical taste, the production values were very high at all times and really could not be faulted. Some were disappointed the shows were of approx. 35 minute duration, but, hey, it ain't Broadway. I used the gym every day. Very well appointed, good and knowledgeable staff. We did not use the spam s prices were swingeing. Shore excursion prices were outrageous. However most sensible cruisers will have done their homework and planned accordingly. There was one debacle only. This was at Ushuaia where the tenders didn't to run until late. We got only 1.5 hours ashore. The cause was a spat between the ship and port authorities. Despite the rumours, passengers did not know the real cause but its did little credit to ship management.

Very satisfactory overall

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Exiled1

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Porthole Oceanview

Nonetheless we had a great time.

Embarcation and disembarkation were quick and seamless.

Our cabin was exactly as it said in the brochure.

Exiled1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Porthole Oceanview
Cabin OE P225
Just as advertised. Cleaned efficiently and promptly.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins