Vision of the Seas Cruise Review

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by jem57

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Middle East
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

Was not expecting much and I got what I expected.Ship is way past it's sell by date,needs a massive deep clean,everywhere I looked I could see flaws.The solarium was filthy,I wiped my hand across a ledge and it was filthy,the floor tiles were so grimy needed a good jet wash.Our cabin looked ok but when you started probing it wasn't great.

Food in general has definitely deteriorated,not awful but nowhere near as good as it used to be.We ate in Chops and Giovanni which were both excellent.

Shows were just ok,nothing special.The best entertainment was in the Atrium every evening where everybody had a great time.

The best thing about this ship is the staff,cheerful,helpful and willing.The Captain was also super friendly and always ou and about.

Despite all the above,we had a great holiday even though the weather was poor,but I definitely wouldn't go back on this ship and I wouldn't recommend.

jem57's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin Q 2611

Smallest inside cabin we have ever had,hole in sheet and top canopy.air conditioning could not be turned off and temperatures never altered whatever it was set on.

No toiletries,no slippers or robes.

Dubai

Been to Dubai many times,so easy to get around,taxis are really cheap,so do your homework and decide where you want to go.

Muscat

Many taxi drivers at the port,haggle with them and tell them where you want to go,mosque and opera house worth a visit,also the palace.souk is within walking distance of port.

Abu Dhabi

Great place with loads to do,a must is the Grand Mosque,fabulous.we then took a taxi to Yas Island where we did the F1 circuit tour,very good.

jem57