3. Celebrity Solstice
Nice ship with just a few niggles, we booked aqua class and I expected a lot more, for the extra money I don't think it is worth it. Saying that the Blu restaurant is great nice food perfect service and a calming atmosphere, very nice, you don't have to do the buffet shuffle and spent the afternoon looking for somewhere to sit. The Persian gardens are I think a waste of time, we used it twice, on both occasions I was just getting into relaxe mode when the band started to perform in the sky lounge, which is adjacent. The entertainment was for me pretty poor, but that's my opinion. When the ship was in port and passengers were off ship there was a film on the lawn, when the ship was at sea there was no film? My wife and I have done numerous cruises over the last fifteen years and like most have noticed the cut backs, such a shame. Room service was fun, you order via the TV, 20 mins later room service phone to confirm the order, another 20 mins later you phone to see where your order is to be told they lost it and they will re-order!!!! As for the excursions, they are just a ripoff, don't bother. All in all we had an enjoyable time, however it could have been better and I was a bit put out with disembarkation. As aqua guests our disembarkation lounge was the Blu restaurant, however because they were serving breakfast we were left to wander the ship, why did we pay all that extra?? One last moan, we had to be out of our cabin by 08.00, talk about "we've had your money, you've had your trip now get off" Never again Celebrity.

Sidney to Auckland

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Bob and Ann

As for the excursions, they are just a ripoff, don't bother.

Never again Celebrity.
Bob and Ann’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2 1659
Cabin steward was very attentive, cabin was adequate, nice shower. Over all a nice cabin,
Room service very hit and miss.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins