Ventura Cruise Review

Ventura Cruise Review by Prisoner 755

• Sail Date: Jan 2017
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Junior Mini Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower

On arrival at the terminal you were herded by colour cards to your point of registration,as we were on our honeymoon and booked the cabin we wanted months in advance,we were shocked to be told our cabin had been changed to a cabin on the same deck,P&O staff said it was an up grade,not an upgrade to my wife who was upset at this change to a holiday she had been looking forward to.Once onboard we complained but staff did not give a reasonable explanation,later we found out P&O could move you if a person who had cruised with them on a lot of cruises and used that cabin before they could request it so first time cruise person could be moved.I was also informed that as an x serviceman I could claim £250 off the cruise price.The food at allocated dining room on this cruise was poor,potatoes were hard ,veg over and under cooked the toast at breakfast was thin and brittle fried bread was like a frisbee.The wine in the dining room was expensive you could purchase the same wine for a third of the price in a supermarket in the UK.The shops onboard where very good, but could be expensive.Shows onboard are okay if you could get a seat.Loungers around the pools where so close together it was difficult to get off them.,plus people leaving towels on bed then going of for lunch or to the bar for more than one hour so others could not relax around the two pools area.The overall cost of the cruise was not worth it,and we would not recormmend this P&O ship as it would be classed 3 star if it were a hotel.This was my wife first cruise,while I have been on a number of cruises. With my late wife.

Prisoner 755's Full Rating Summary

Junior Mini Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin CB B259

Cabin was on the starboard side ,no sun or ice for drinks on the outward journey,cabin stewardess did a good job.

Prisoner 755