3. Celebrity Eclipse
Wanted to go to places in the Caribbean we hadn't visited before. One of those was Miami where were had a day before and after the cruise. The flight out was OK on Virgin but we had 3 seats between the 2 of us. Food in economy is average but hey we were on our way. The transit to the hotel was in a bus which was older than me with split seats and a sort of lava lamp effect in the windows due to water between the double glazing. The hotel in Miami was actually near the port so nowhere near any of the popular places and had no shuttle. The room was OK and we walked to a Cuban restaurant nearby but by a freeway. The next day we joined the ship although embarkation was a bit chaotic. The cruise itself was wonderful, good food and service and we visited lost of interesting places. The only one that was a bit of a dump was Bonaire which I would happily avoid. We do our own thing the only organised trip was a sunset drinks cruise which was worth every penny. We are pretty sure we will never cruise with a lesser line than Celebrity. We were in Aqua Class which gives you access to the Blu restaurant and Spa with a decent sized stateroom. The Martini Ice bas was our favourite starting point in the evening followed by Blu or a speciality restaurant. We went to the Murano 3 times on a package and Qsine for one. The Murano is of a superb standard and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. very lode world fine dining. Qsine is a sort of fusion restaurant and you order via pictures on an ipad - like most fusion places it doesn't really work more a confusion of flavour but the portions are huge. I'd save my money or go to the Tuscan Grill if I were you. The only problem they seemed to have was a lack of supervision on the open deck as there was a constant shortage of towels on sea days. Plenty of pool valets about but no managers. We got an internet package when we booked which is worth getting if you're like us are online a lot also watched the rugby live on my Fire. Also upgraded the drinks package too Premium but we make money as we're a couple of boozers. Trip back included a 6 hour stay at another hotel in Miami this time at the airport so miles from the city but it did have a shuttle but we didn't have the time. It was being reformed so we just did an hour and then went to the airport as we have Priority Passes in their lounges. That said it was better than the hotel but still the most basic lounges we've visited to date. The flight back was awful. the Virgin plane was packed and we came back in cattle class with poor food. One thing we've learned is we will make our own travel arrangements. we could have got there and back going straight on and off the cruise directly in better seats on the plane for less money.

Sun, Sea and Relaxation

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Frogland

Frogland’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2 1577
Clean and tidy. Good Steward. There was a bit of noise early in the morning (6am) when people/staff moved the sunbeds on the deck above but not too bad and we would stay in the cabin again. Only downside was a lack of staorage compared to other cabins we've had
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins