3. Carnival Vista
Embarkation: We were disappointed when we didn't get FTTF, but it turned out we didn't need it. Got to the port at our staggered time 11:00 am and were on board by 12:00 and our room was ready and our luggage showed up an hour later. Room: We had an interior (5218) in the Havana area. Ernesto our room steward took care of every need. No we could not hear the bands playing at night in our room. The whole Havana experience made this cruise worth it, otherwise it was a typical Carnival cruise. Food: If you have been on one Carnival cruise you know what to expect in the main dining room and the lido. Our only disappointment was they never served escargot our favorite appetizer. Pizza was imho very good. The BBQ (Only open during embarq and sea days). I found the beef and pork too salty to eat and the andouille sausage was really Italian sweet sausage. Guy Fiore would not be happy with that. But his burgers are still popular. Ji Ji was great for lunch. You don't stand in line like most Mongolian Woks on Carnival. You sit and fill out what you want and they bring it to you. You have to ask for chop sticks. The taco and burritos were also great. The Seafood Shacks shrimp (steamed) and the raw oysters were excellent. Did not do any other pay restaurants. One nice surprise is the breakfast served right outside the Havana area at the Plaza bar. It is listed as a continental breakfast but is much more like a full breakfast but less crowded then the lido. Casino: Did not experience the smoke bother everyone talks about and my wife and I are non smokers. But you could detect the odor of the Ozone that they use to kill the odor of the smoke. Slot machines were generous the first two days. Then they tighten them up to get some of their money back the next couple the last day and open back up a little the last night. They control the payouts on slots just like they do for the slot tournament. They open the machine and adjust the payouts easier or harder. Don't talk to me about RAM. We have a machine at home and we can do the same thing. Sky Ride: Forget trying it on sea days. It is always too windy for them to open it. You cannot go on with a wet bathing suit and must have closed shoes on. You also have to take everything out of your pockets. I had a GO- Pro mounted on my head and they allow that as long as it is mounted to your body some way. No selfie sticks. Shows: We enjoyed the shows but the Liquid Lounge is everything you have been reading about. Take heed. The comedy shows were very good. I won't comment on the performers because they change often and probably won't be on your sailing. Trivia, bingo and the rest all typical Carnival ship on a stick. Good but typical. Bar service: The Havana Bar is great. Jens, David, Ivan and the rest are great. You get served a glass if you are not going to the pool and plastic if you are. We had Cheers and never had a problem with a wait for a drink. I always tip an extra buck with each drink and the bartenders really appreciate it. The alchemy bar is really good also. You can literally create you own cocktail or ask them to create one for you. Havana Pool: This place made the difference for us. Two hot tubs and you own pool (never crowded never). Disembarkation: We did self assist and were off the ship and in our car by 720 am. I will try to answer any questions you might have. Happy Cruising

The Havana experience made the difference

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Mawelch

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony

I will try to answer any questions you might have. Happy Cruising
Mawelch’s Full Rating Summary