3. Grand Princess
First time Princess was a disappointment. We chose this cruise because we wanted to cruise to Hawaii. We knew the ship was older, however, we thought with the renovations it would have been much better. The rooms are very small, carpets need replacing, shower drain backed up, balcony door difficult to open and constant banging noise on the balconies. Partitions need to be replaced. The only plus was the new mattress, very comfy. It took forever to get an elevator and it was usually filled. There was always one or two elevators down for repairs. Horizon buffet was disappointing. Lots of Asian food. I don't want fish soup and curry rice for breakfast. Omelete's made to order were very good. Always very crowded and hard to get a seat. Staff was very attentive and pleasant. The anytime dining was just okay. Nothing special. We did go to the Crown Grill and pizzeria, which were both exceptional. Entertainment staff were great. Only went to a few shows. Many were disappointing so we left. Casino was nice, but they should not allow smoking. It filters out into the main areas on the ship. Also many guests continue to smoke on their balconies. Explorer's Lounge is badly in need of new furniture. Tendering in Maui was awful. Took forever to get off and back on the ship. The disembarkation process went very smoothly and we were off the ship very quickly. If I sail with Princess in the future, I will do a more thorough review of the ship and the reviews. I'm not one to complain, but I want others to be aware of the NOT SO Grand Princess.

Grand Princess Ain't So Grand

laidback815’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF
Very small. Needs new carpet. Shower drain backs up even after serviced.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins