3. Regal Princess
We chose this cruise because we thought it would be a value and we wanted to do a Western Caribbean cruise. Summary: Pros: Buffet was Above Average very good food selection Room square footage was good value compared to others Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth Casino is sizeable and nice for a ship casino Self Serve Laundromats are very convenient for washing some clothes Cons: Restaurant food was very average (go on Celebrity Cruises if you want better food) This includes the specialty restaurants - very average Food selection was poor in main dining area (not good) Gym was small and unimpressive Main Theater was the smallest I've seen (even though this is a huge ship) and is generic **Entertainment was the WORST I've seen on a cruise before, hardly any big shows and not enough quality small shows to make up for it ***Don't go on this cruise if you are looking for good entertainment **Be aware there is flaw in the design of the ship. The stairway in the center of the ship does not go up past the 10th floor so if you are staying above that even if you need to go up 1 level you need to wait for an elevator. This mainly applies to mid-ship and I believe forward ship. This caused quite a ruckus after the mandatory drill when it took us 30 min to get back to our room due to poor crowd management and the elevator/stairs situation. Staff is not really that friendly some of them are a little cold. Service was better on every other ship I have been on. Room Service basically did not exist due to the fact that no one would answer the phone. My wife waited on line 30 minutes once and could not get through. The buffets close at 10pm and no snacks are available there...that is way too early in my opinion. Ports summary: Montego Bay Jamaica - 15-20 min cab ride to a safe beach. Everything far away here Grand Cayman - seems ok, once again beaches very far did not get to go due to fact ship was leaving too early Cozumel - 10 min cab to beach, beaches are rocky here sand is not fine, affordable resort areas with pool $3 per person Paradise Beach is recommended due to value and the pool is beautiful tile. The drink packages were $400 per person by the time they add 15% gratuity The photo packages were also more expensive than other ships I've been on Overall this is not a cruise I can Recommend. I believe the consumer can find greater value elsewhere (check out celebrity cruises. You will pay more up front but less on the back end if you get a good deal. They frequently include free drink packages and prepaid gratuities) The room will be more but the food and service will be steps above what you will get on Princess.)

Disappointing in many ways

Regal Princess Cruise Review by jamie007

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Summary:

Pros:

Buffet was Above Average very good food selection

Room square footage was good value compared to others

Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth

Casino is sizeable and nice for a ship casino

Self Serve Laundromats are very convenient for washing some clothes

Cons:

This includes the specialty restaurants - very average

Food selection was poor in main dining area (not good)

Gym was small and unimpressive

***Don't go on this cruise if you are looking for good entertainment

Ports summary:

The drink packages were $400 per person by the time they add 15% gratuity

The photo packages were also more expensive than other ships I've been on

jamie007’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB M429
Mini suite is very generic. Using the word suite to sell it. You are really just getting a regular room with a few extra square feet and an extra TV (TV remotes did not work well) The lights flickered and I think one of the lamps had a short. One light kept going off in the bathroom until I smacked it then it stayed on.
**Note- the air conditioning on this cruise is a little below standard and has to be pushed if you like your room cool and to get rid of humidity. We had to have a technician come up and adjust ours. Never had to do this on a cruise before.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins