3. Ruby Princess
We had cruised the Caribbean 5 times (including Cozumel) and preciously visited Puerto Vallarta (1982) and Cancun twice to all inclusives with the grown up kids. But this was a different way to see Mexico that appealed to us, it being Valentine's Day and everything (my 60th birthday on the 13th). We found our aft cabin, B256 cramped and noisy. Our steward was fine, he needed some time off. I love the food but my wife just gets by with it. Sometimes she liked it but she liked less of it than I do. We had one of the best excursions ever in Puerto Vallarta with Valarta Adventures through Princess. We got WAY more than we paid for with snorkeling, kayaking, a hike, a waterfall, a beach, a close whale encounter, great food, drinks, and entertainment. Highly recommended. The entertainment was OK. The first comedian was really funny and the "Magic To Do" production number tried very hard. The fitness equipment was good but the jogging track was the worst ever. The weather was great, though it seemed it would be too cool (the last day really was) and the experience on the whole was lovely. I prefer going to the Caribbean (and it is easier from here) but this was a nice time too.

Exceeded Expectations

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by schoolboybob

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The fitness equipment was good but the jogging track was the worst ever.

schoolboybob’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE B256
This cabin is tight for two people. The balcony doesn't make up for it. Being aft on this ship is not a huge disadvantage, the whole ship layout is a mess. There was a fair amount of machinery noise along with the wake. There often was a nasty kitchen smell you had to ignore.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins