3. Koningsdam
We have never been on a Holland America cruise even though this was our 20th cruise. We chose this ship for its beautiful decor and the fact that it has a fabulous music venue. They have the Lincoln Stage Center with beautiful Symphony music which is something I would never go to back home. My favorite was the BB King Blues they had a great group all week long, and the last club was the Billboard with the dueling pianos they played beattles one night, country, etc. It was hard to get a seat in the Billboard lounge. They usually had three shows a night in all three places. The Lincoln Stage and the Billboard I felt could have been larger venues to accommodate the crowd, the BB King lounge was the largest. We finally figured out the best routine. We had early seating so we would first go to the WordStage around 7:15 p.m. and then to the Lincoln Center Stage and then to the BB King Blues and we managed to catch all shows. We went too the Billboard once. The buffet food was fabulous. They had these great food stations with everything you could think of from Sushi to salads, to chicken, beef fish, etc. They had plexiglass around each station and the food was served to you so no one was putting their hands all over the food which I liked very much. They also had the NY Deli, Pizza and Dive in with hot dogs and hamburgs outside near the pool area. I thought all of this food was very good. The dinners I though were okay. Some were better than others but all it all it was fine. They have movies outside at night pool side which was kind of fun. they make popcorn and you can get a pizza, etc. We had an inside cabin which I thought was spacious enough as well as the shower area. Also, we were able to put all our clothes away in the closet and drawers. I had only one complaint in that I would have loved some cocktail music at one of the bars prior to our early dinner. That was the only thing lacking. They have so many beautiful bar areas to have music every night prior to dinner and that would have been a plus. Although I am a Senior Citizen I have never cruised Holland America because it has always been known as the Gray Hair cruise but although there were a lot of older people with canes, wheelchairs, etc there was a mix of 40's, 50s & 60's. I am personally in my 60's and my husband in his 70's so as I stated we are Seniors although we may think we are not :) I thought this cruise had a lot of class. You wont find a large casino or lobby bar with any loud crowds, etc. I would definitely consider Holland America again for a future cruise.

A Fabulous Cruise with a Fabulous Music Venue

pmad14’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Standard Interior Stateroom
Cabin J 7072
We had an inside cabin and it was very roomy with a nice size shower and plenty of room to put your clothes away. Luggage will fit under the bed.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins