• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Jun 2009
Cabin:
Traveled with children

We drove to the Port of Long Beach and found it easily. we (3 adults, 2 kids) were among the first batch to go through the embarkation process so the line was long but we managed. once we boarded our photos were taken and we were directed up the elevators to the mermaid's Grill buffet on the Lido deck. I decided not to eat and we headed to our staterooms which were nice and roomy. The ship had a lot to offer and is very largeThe food at the Mermaid's grill was okay. all I ate were omelets, grilled Ham & Cheese sandwiches, and pizza. the only issue I had was once the man just made me a grilled cheese sandwich without the ham. Maybe he understood me, as many of the crew an barely speak English. The dinner service was TERRIBLE. at the start the waiter brought us water and bread and then gave us menus. I got the "Kids" menu, meaning I get this pretty colorful menu with basic meals like fires, chicken nuggets, hamburger, etc. as a bonus I also get a crayon to color the menu (I guess 14 yearolds are children to Carnival). soon after ordering they bring us our appetizers (or entrees whatever you call the meal before the main meal) everyone except me got fruit, I got fries. after 50 minutes they finally brought our ordered food. I got a cold, hard hamburger. my parents got some type of shrimp cocktail that they didn't like. we ate dinner in the buffet for the rest of the cruise.the activities for me were in Circle C which was deeply hidden at the front of the 4th deck. the director was nice and had an easy job since none of the teens participated in the activities, that's not Carnivals fault thothe ports of call were fun although the ship was better. I opted to stay onboard in Cabo and walked around the ship along with watched Juno in the butterfly lounge.Disembarkation was a long process with a very long line but we managed and got off the boat around 10PM.

We were booked in an "Interior stateroom" however this room had 2 doors which led to a little platform inside which led to a ladder allowing you to climb to a lifeboat. although you were not allowed to go out to the platform it was nice to have the light come in to a room that would normally have no windows.

Port Reviews

Puerto Vallarta

I've visited Puerto Vallarta 3 times prior to this cruise as I have family there. great city with awesome beaches

Mazatlan

This city doesn't have much to offer and has travel agents tricking people at the port by telling them they'll take you to the beach. the vans direct you to a hotel where they attempt to sell you some lifetime cruise thing.

1 Helpful Vote