Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by PierreT

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I took this cruise with my wife as part of the 40th wedding celebration. It stopped at Nassau and Freeport. Both stops were not the greatest for us; the first excursion we choose had the Charm and Beauty of Nassau well, it was a quick tour by bus and you couldn't really visit and the bus driver kept saying that he shouldn't but would..no I would not recommend throwing money away on this excursion. In Freeport it was the Hop On Hop Off we took. The place is not worth visiting. I hear Disney does not even do excursions there anymore.

Now, the ship itself. What a nice place to be on. We took a balcony and never regretted the extra funds it cost. We did formal dining and loved it. We had E103 and let me tell you...do the balcony if you decide to cruise.

We did not enjoy the constant photos and the cost of them trying to sell them to us...tends to be a little pricey

Oh ya, one thing to pack for coffee lovers is a thermos. Wish we had done that.

PierreT's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8A E103

The cabin was larger than average and had a great view when we were at port.

Freeport

Lousy tour...Freeport is devastated and not really worth a Hop On Hop Off. I would recommend the Kayaking which is what I really wanted to do in the first place but my lovely wife talked me out of it.

Island Tour

Terrible terrible terrible. What a waste of time and money when I could have taken my lovely wife on some other greater experience. What a waste of time...I heard so many stories about other excursion that made this one even worse.

View All 351 Island Tour Reviews