3. Black Watch
We chose this cruise as it was not too far a trip for my mother in law and it was also near Christmas. We were not impressed with the parking set up for our car, signs not clear etc. After we had checked I looked for a bar and somewhere to eat, only found a gazebo type structure with a very poor range of drinks and very little to eat. If this port wants to be taken seriously it needs to get a grip. This is certainly not an international port of departure in my book. Problems. On leaving port we found our cabin very warm, tried to turn it down, no good. Many passengers we spoke to had complaints ranging from no hot water, no cold water or the best one, no water at all. Tv's did not work properly at all even though we were told they would be fine by the time we got to Hamburg. No they were not. One of the exercise pools seemed to be permantly out of order. Lots of work being carried on outside cabins, sometimes starting quite early in the morning and also quite late at night. Inside the ship notice boards or direction/information boards were still being put up. In my view 28 days was not long enough and the ship should never have left dry dock. Plus points. Those areas that had been refurbished were very nice particularly the restaurants. Staff were excellent. Food as usual was really good. Entertainment was not to bad either. We found information from the captain was poor and sometimes could not be heard, we were on this ship four years ago and had a poor cruise, captain was the same guy.

28 Days! Not Enough

Jsparrowesq’s Full Rating Summary
Get Black Watch price drops

Superior Outside Cab
Cabin B 5020
Clean and tidy. We thought the wardrobe space was very poor.
  Black Watch Deck Plans

• Tivoli Gardens
    Done this before at a different time of year, still enjoyable, Tivoli Gardens very busy and noisy for older people.
    View All 59 Tivoli Gardens Reviews
  • City Tour
    I thoroughly enjoyed this tour particularly the trip to the miniature railway, it was probably more interesting for the adults than the kids, well worth a visit.
    View All 21 City Tour Reviews