3. Celestyal Crystal
Being American it is a little harder to see Cuba(as we cannot go as pure tourists). Upon researching ways we discovered Celestyal and their People to People Program. Leaving out of Montego Bay Jamaica was effortless, we had a direct flight and it was a 30 min cab ride to the port. Embarkation was the easiest I have ever experienced with just a few checkpoints where you showed passport and signed for your Cuban Visa. Our luggage was actually on the ship about the same time as we were. We had originally booked room 3113(an interior cabin on deck 3) . the room was fine but when I saw that they had upgrades available we decided to take advantage and pay 400.00 add'l to get an outside cabin. Glad we did we ended up in Room 3209 right by the elevators midship, also on deck 3. Room was fine a little worn and the bed was saggy but no real complaints. Our room steward serviced the room twice daily and it was always neat and clean. I had just been on the Carnival Esctasy over the holidays which was also an older ship and the Celestyal definitely had better service. Both ships are showing wear but the Crystal appeared cleaner. The Food while not a tremendous amount of options was good, I always managed to find something to eat and the desserts were amazing, some more than others. There was not a lot of traditional cruise fare but they incorporated the Cuban cuisine. I did not like the wines offered with the all-inclusive Blue package but I am not a big wine drinker anyways so I i usually had water or a soda with my meal. most others liked the wine. The tours were informative and I think as Americans we got a very nice overview of the different cities. The evening in Havana we went off on our own and had a nice dinner in the city but others did the Tropicana and said it was fun. We did get to watch the Superbowl on Sunday night and it seemed the Americans bonded over Football. People were very friendly and the good thing about a smaller ship is getting to meet new people. I would definitely recommend this cruise if you want to see Cuba.

Cuba a GREAT experience

Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review by Staci0615

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

I would definitely recommend this cruise if you want to see Cuba.
Staci0615’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celestyal Crystal price drops

Only complaint is the beds are too soft. Need new mattresses.