• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

gdlamberth
10+ Cruises

Sail Date: Feb 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View

We were a group of 9 family and friends traveling together. My DH and I had been to French Polynesia before but the others had not. We chose this itinerary because we're avid snorkelers and family members like to get out of Wyoming Winter in February! Most of our cruising has been on Regent or Silversea so I'm sure that has biased my observations some. Other family members have mostly done Celebrity. Consider that as you read this review.

Ship: Overall ship was very nice. Only surprise was several of the common area restrooms are configured for only one person at a time (for privacy you had to lock the door on the way in). While the public restrooms outside the MDR and Terrace Café could service multiple users, I still found this a bit odd.

Cabin: We were in 4044, a Deluxe Oceanview. The location is really excellent! Close to Reception and MDR, amidships and low (DH gets seasick sometimes), and nothing that makes late night or early morning noise above or below. Cabin was viewed by everyone as small (even though I tried to manage everyone's expectations). That said, everything fit nicely and bathroom, while small was fine for two. We have tripled up on Regent and Silversea in the past, but this would not be possible here. Everything in the cabin worked and our room steward was excellent.

Deluxe Ocean View

Cabin C1

Size was only draw back

Port Reviews

Tahiti (Papeete)

Since we disembarked at 0900 and plane wasn't until 2230, we reserved a room at the Fare Suisse hotel for about $100. They picked us up at the ship and took us to the Airport for our flight. Meanwhile we had a nice place for a nap and shower close to town. No pool but lovely terrace, good price and location.

7 Helpful Votes