3. Seven Seas Navigator
We chose the cruise from Lisbon to Cape Town for the itinerary & because we wanted to try a supposed 6* cruise. Having stayed at some fabulous hotels we were hoping for similar standards on board. The transfer/embarkation was poorly handled. We couldn't visit Madeira but just 2 coaches were offered for an alternative day out from Lisbon The ship has had a facelift but the bedrooms are tired. Beds, towels, toiletries, butler & cabin staff all excellent though. Compass Rose service was a joke. 3 hours for a 3 course meal was good going - though I did get 3 courses 1 lunch in 20 minutes! Shows were usually missed though that was no great loss. The ship's troupe were great & should have been used more. Food was average - the premise appears to be quantity over quality. Food was lukewarm, dishes forgotten just so many faults. Wine service incredibly slow. Best wine we found was on offer at £6.50 at Morrison's when we returned. Hardly fine wines! This is a brief summary of 6 page letter I sent to Regent. Usual response I believe for dissatisfied customers, money off next cruise. Do they really think I'll cruise with them again?!

Vastly overrated

Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by johntstone

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

The transfer/embarkation was poorly handled.

Food was average - the premise appears to be quantity over quality.

johntstone’s Full Rating Summary