3. Golden Princess
I chose this cruise primarily because it left from my home port of Melbourne, therefore no flights involved Cruising Fiordland was beautiful despite the moody weather! All ports had interesting places to visit. Especially enjoyed a trip from Akaroa to Christchurch! This was on a shuttle booked on shore! Unfortunately the bus broke down and we were delayed for an hour but carried on our way and all was well! The Princess shore excursion to Hobbiton was exceptionally good! The thing that spoilt the cruise for us was getting sick with Influeza! The last week was virtually a write off! Right from the start of the cruise people were coughing and sneezing! I think it could have been better managed! Not enough time between cruises to properly fumigate the ship! Too many people in too little space! Hard to find a seat to enjoy a coffee! Had to get to the theatre at least 30 minutes before a show to get a seat! Not impressed by the menu! Not as good as previous cruises! I cannot speak highly enough of the crew! They do a magnificent job! Have previously sailed on the Dawn and Ruby Princess which were both good!

Melbourne, New Zealand, Melbourne

Golden Princess Cruise Review by AnTay

Not impressed by the menu! Not as good as previous cruises!

I cannot speak highly enough of the crew! They do a magnificent job!

Have previously sailed on the Dawn and Ruby Princess which were both good!
AnTay’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IA A237
Typical inside cabin! Had trouble controlling the AC! Either too hot or too cold! Very stuffy and dry air! Being in isolation didn't help!
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins