Zaandam Cruise Review

Great food, lousy entertainment

Zaandam Cruise Review by annatravels

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Alaska

I took this cruise with 3 other females of the same age (late 40's). The food was wonderful as was the service from staff, very friendly and incredibly helpful. The entertainment was in my opinion, very bad. I have been on 5 other cruises and went to the shows almost every night on those cruises and really enjoyed them. This cruise was very limited with their variety, talent and enthusiasm. We tried to watch 4 different shows and left two of them after 15 minutes, the other two were ok but still not very good. The rooms were very small and dated as was the whole ship. I would not bother cruising with Holland America again, I much prefer Celebrity and Princess lines and will stick to them. They cost more but it is worth it in my opinion. When your on a quiet ship and looking forward to the evening entertainment as the highlight of your day, this ship fails miserably.

annatravels's Full Rating Summary

Vancouver

travelled in and out of here, did not stay to visit,

Duck Tour

excellent, lots of fun, very interesting, guides were great!

View All 140 Duck Tour Reviews
Mount Roberts Tramway

we walked over by ourselves (minutes from cruise dock) and booked. We rode up and enjoyed the view and spent a small amount of time at visitor center as it was fogged in but the video and talk was very interesting.

View All 263 Mount Roberts Tramway Reviews
White Pass Scenic Railway

This is the second time I have taken this tour and loved it. I recommend it to everyone, very beautiful and great photo opportunities. The bus ride down and gold mining town are great as well.

View All 1212 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
SeaLife Center

Amazing center, we were surprised by how big it was and the variety of sea life displayed. The center was incredibly clean and maintained, lots of work. The staff were friendly and ready to answer all the questions. WE took tons of pictures that turned out really well even through the tanks. Loved the jelly fish.

View All 28 SeaLife Center Reviews
Haines

we spent the day walking around town it was very nice.

annatravels