3. Grandeur of the Seas
My wife and I chose this cruise for the convenience of the port (Baltimore), the timing, and the price. This was our third cruise on Grandeur in 9 years, all from Chesapeake bay ports (Norfolk and Baltimore). Overall we felt at home on board. We had My Time dining with Francisco and George as our waiters. They did a great job. James was our cabin attendant and kept the cabin in good shape. As repeat cruisers we were surprised and disappointed that the two stage shows in the theatre were the same as three years ago: Broadway Rhythms and the tango show. We enjoyed the ventriloquist act and the Love and Marriage show did not disappoint. Tanya was our cruise director for the first 5 nights and Bobby returned for the last 3 nights. I agree with the earlier post about their respective skills. Grandeur is not the Oasis or Quantum. The ship shows its age with wear and tear in the cabin and public spaces. I also agree that the smoke from the casino carries into the Centrum. The trade off is the relative comfort of its smaller size and friendly crew. The food was good. The only odd menu item that stands out a few days after the cruise was the chicken Marsala with breaded fried boneless chicken. We are booked again later this summer for a Bermuda cruise with our granddaughter and look forward to being back on board.

Third Trip on the Grandeur Still Had Charm

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by wesp

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

wesp’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

A clean, well-lighted space.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans