• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Outside Classic

During the dates of 20-28 January 2012, I had a perfect experience aboard the Carnival Dream, for a 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise. Everything was spot-on, to include: dining, public rooms, the cabin, entertainment, value for money, and the service. I attempted to replicate this experience for my young-adult daughter’s college graduation present. I took leave from the Army and my daughter took leave from her new job. We traveled from the United States to Argentina to port. Our experience was traumatic, awful, perplexing, and cost approximately $10,000. If it was a great experience-awesome! However, I need to block out this terrible experience.

Overall:

Four of approximately 3,000 passengers spoke English. My daughter and I were two of those four. The remaining passengers were from Argentina or Brazil. All onboard and excursion activities were in Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese. Due to the low amount of English speaking passengers-no translators were available. We were ok in the beginning, as our strategy was to adapt and overcome.

Outside Classic

Cabin EC

Port Reviews

Buenos Aires

Hilton Buenos Aires is amazing!

15 Helpful Votes