3. Norwegian Epic
I thought this would be a good cruise based on my other NCL cruises. I have also been on the Star and the Pride of America which I felt were much better ships than the Epic. The ship was too big and had too many people. I don't feel the Epic was suitable for that many people and ships really shouldn't be that big. There were plenty of food choices that I found pretty good, but it was greasy and caused me to have a mild pancreatic attack (I don't drink). I liked that the casino had non-smoking areas and there were plenty of shows to see. I wished there was an entire deck to walk a complete circle around with views; there was only one side to do that and that's where the lifeboats were. I was in a studio room and it was suitable for me except that the beds were very hard. My wonderful steward was able to slightly soften it with egg crate sponge, but it still wasn't as soft as I would have liked. The studio cabins have a shared lounge. I felt the decor was geared more for the younger crowd and more mature adults were the main guests using the lounge. The shops seemed small; other ships have more stores with more items that can be purchased for gifts. Most gifts were either T-shirts and ship logo themed items. All this made the cruise just okay.

Just Okay

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by wyocowgirl

wyocowgirl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

• See and Sea
    I've been to Nassau before, so the city part of the tour was not new. I did enjoy the Sea part, especially in the underwater exploration of the reefs where I saw a turtle, many fish, and a nurse shark. I wish that part was longer.
    View All 34 See and Sea Reviews
  • Coral World Tour
    Our guide was not informative like the Tortola guide. The Coral World Ocean Park was a nice little park and not flamboyant. I liked this island and would visit again.
    View All 75 Coral World Tour Reviews
  • Tortola
    As with other Caribbean islands, I enjoyed the tropical experience and many people you meet are very nice. However, there always seems to be a lot of trash lining the hillsides. Our guide was very informative though and took care of us.
    View All 1,383 Tortola Cruise Port Reviews