3. Carnival Conquest
All in all we had a great time and none of the issues ruined our vacation. Lets start with the issues so we can end on a good note. I had requested and had been confirmed for anytime dining. Imagine my surprise when I got there and was assigned a table for late dining. As soon as I got on board I was instructed to go to the main dining room to see if it could be changed. I was told "maybe". Two others in our group got theirs changed....I did not. I'll be taking this up with Carnival so won't dwell on it here. The food, to me, wasn't as good as in the past or on another line but we didn't starve. We only went to the main dining one night (reasons included in above) and I was very disappointed in the food there especially for Elegant night. Some of the buffet opening times didn't make sense to me either. Example...if you wanted lunch before noon, you pretty much only had the pizza. Lunch buffet didn't start until noon but they did keep a breakfast one open until then. And the breakfast buffet was the same thing every day. We enjoyed the BBQ and the deli. Our cabin was fine, always clean and lots of towels. I want to warn those getting cabin 7448. The entryway is narrower than the other rooms I saw so if you're a person of size, you might want to reconsider. I'm not a little person but not huge either and was glad my suitcases nor I weren't any wider. The fellow cruisers....80% were there to have a great time. The other 20% were the "experienced" cruisers that looked down on and judged the newer ones and then the ones that only cared about themselves. We learned to dodge these the 1st day but by day 7 we started standing our ground. Oh and lets not forget those that had to comment on what everyone took from the buffet. I got up and moved twice because of this. Very annoying. Let people eat what they want when they want people! Ok the good. The Steak House.....omg that was awesome! So worth the money. For $35 extra per person you could be waited on hand and foot and the food was oh so good. We were so full we couldn't even finish! The staff....excellent! Eric the Cruise director was a lot of fun and had a ton on energy. The comedians were hit and miss...loved the 1st two guys, didn't care for Just June but others in out group did so it was just a matter of taste. Lots of opportunities to interact with other cruisers. They had a great Veteran's tribute. We loved that. Loved Grand Turk. Walked down to the conch shell graveyard. Picked up some interesting shells. Had a great lunch at Margaritaville, then wandered down to Jacks. Bought some bling then back to the ship. La Romana....I'm not a big excursion person but would recommend one for here. Not a lot to do within walking distance. Loved Curacao. After our excursion to the distillery, museum and cave, we walked over the floating bridge and laughed at our own faces when we heard the creaking! Aruba, we rented motorcycles here and feel that this was the best money spent! We paid a guide $20 extra per person and he took us all over! 4.5 hours was just about enough to see the whole island and showed us how the people lived. Very interesting and beautiful scenery. Last sea day we did the brunch in the dining room and it was excellent. I wish we had done it every sea day. All in all we had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to go again.

A great time despite a few issues

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Harley Granny

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony
All in all we had a great time and none of the issues ruined our vacation.

Lets start with the issues so we can end on a good note.

We enjoyed the BBQ and the deli.

Ok the good.

Lots of opportunities to interact with other cruisers.

They had a great Veteran's tribute. We loved that.

All in all we had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to go again.
Harley Granny’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 7448
Very narrow opening. If your a person of size I would reconsider. I'm not a tiny thing but not huge either but was glad neither my suitcases nor I weren't any wider.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins