Pacific Jewel Cruise Review

Terrific two nighter

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by RosieCanberra

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the South Pacific

We picked up a bargain last minute cruise from Melbourne to Sydney, had an oceanview on deck nine. Cabin 9182, quiet, clean, and well maintained by Dannielle. This was my first time on the Jewel, and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. The service was excellent, lots of helpful people everywhere. Bar service excellent, lots of servers who were friendly and remembered your name.

Drinks were a good price too, all in Australian dollars of course. I was on Ovation of the Seas last month, and a cocktail was $13USD ($18.50 AUD) compared to $12-$13 on Jewel.

Food and service in the main dining room was better than I expected. Tiramisu was especially delicious. We did the wine tasting $22 a head, which was a funny morning. The wines were good, nothing super amazing but all delicious.

Lots of trivia, including music trivia, to be had. I love trivia! Entertainment was good, a Neil Diamnond impersonator who was fabulous and a comedian who was good too. Usual marriage and liars club stuff, all good for a laugh.

So glad I enjoyed the ship because I have another three short cruises on Jewel coming up. I am looking forward to being back on such a fun ship.

RosieCanberra's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Oceanview 9182

Cabin was fine, ship is of an older style but we had plenty of room. Fridge, safe, TV, hairdryer, usual stuff. Bathroom dated but fully functional.

RosieCanberra