3. Regal Princess
We love choosing Princess and the Regal has raised the bar. Service was outstanding across the board - the quality of the food (in my opinion) has gotten better. I really enjoyed the Crab Shack specialty dining.The Food in the Horizon Court (did not do dinner there) was much improved with many more selections offered - the over easy eggs were just perfect!! There are a few more bars that really thin out the crowd... you never have to wait for anything and you get the the chance to have conversations with the crew... they are proud of their ship and it shows... Very professional service and they have fun too!! Getting on and off the ship has tremendous improved - no more waiting in lines when arriving or leaving... Disembarkation was literally only 10 minutes from the time I left the dining room to when I was in a cab at 9:45am!!! we finished breakfast about 8:30 had waited in the dining room, but once called walked to claim the bags (no big pile of suitcases to sort through!!) and only waited for two other couples in customs... walked right out and walked up to a cabbie, loaded up and we we were out of the terminal Boarding was just as quick - we took a bus from the hotel last Sunday and got to the ship and boarded right away about 11:30am... I know I had my first beverage poolside before noon!!!!! My only complaint during the entire cruise was the high pressure sales at the spa... makes me want to skip going next trip... I had two massages and my wife has a facial and nails done...The staff just not take no for an answer... I don't mind them offering the product, but when i say I'm not interested, they should stop... that is what the bar staff does and it keeps everyone in a good mood!! The entertainment was top notch - we did not see any of the shows, but everyone rotated through the Piazza and did a very nice job!! Lastly the photo package ($99 on line pre boarding / $199 ship board) was lots of fun... I has 96 pictures taken of my wife and me over the week and you get them all - digital copies as well for that price) nice to get some professional quality of the two of us once in a while!! To sum it up, we had a fantastic time and I think this is one of the best vacation values you can get

The Regal is spectacular!!

Regal Princess Cruise Review by CintiCruzer

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

PrincessCruises1, Social Team at Princess Cruises has responded
Hi CintiCruzer, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your time aboard Regal Princess! We appreciate your kind words about our embarkation and disembarkation processes, dining and service. We apologize for your disappointing spa visit and will share your feedback with our spa team. We're glad you have plenty of amazing vacation memories captured on camera. We'd love to welcome you aboard again soon!
CintiCruzer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB B509
Cabin was very nice. made into a king bed... I did like the mini couch (it does convert into a bed as well)
plenty of storage in the closet
be sure to bring an extension cord - no outlets near the bed ( for us CPAP users)
Steward gave me an extension cord and I had my "cube" with three outlets and 2 usb hookups
Balcony is smaller than on other ships, but did not present us any issues... was able to have my morning coffee and enjoy my sea days
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)
    did not care for the Dominican Republic - the island is very dirty - trash blowing around everywhere and ARMED military everywhere... protecting us!!! this a place I would not venture our exploring on your own...
    we toured the city and shopped in town square, then took a ride to a ranch... the tour guide was outstanding, but the island is not one of my favorites
    View All 759 Amber Cove (Puerto Plata) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Amber Cove (Puerto Plata) Cruise Port Review
  • Island tour
    the Batik factory was interesting and the island tour was very interesting... saw enough to make me want to come back to explore more!
    View All 272 Island tour Reviews
  • Catamaran Tour
    never have seen sunset at St Thomas... been there many time and I love the place. it is rich in history...we decided to cruise the harbor... the Cat ride was fun ( although the walk from the ship to the Catamaran was quite a distance... many people complained about the walk most were not prepared to walk that distance.

the sunset was spectacular and we sailed around the harbor at night... quite impressive
    View All 165 Catamaran Tour Reviews