3. Serenade of the Seas
I picked this cruise because we hadn't been to the southern Caribbean, and we were able to get an aft cabin for the first time ever. I also love the Radiance class ships. Embarkation went smoothly. Our aft cabin was spacious, although I'm not a fan of the noise of the wake. Our cabin attendant Clinton was fantastic. The ship isn't new, but it's still very attractive. The layout is easy to maneuver, and everything is clean. The crew were truly fabulous. The food was generally very good, but as a vegetarian, I found my choices disappointing and sometimes not very healthy (too much cream & cheese). My husband, who loves his meat, enjoyed everything. Our dining team, Nensi and Man, were terrific! The entertainment was really quite good. We only went to a few shows, since we often wanted to see other things. The Motown show and the violinist were especially fun. The ports of call were lovely & relaxing. I didn't expect them to show such a range of geography (lush to desert) and development. Our Barbados excursion (Coast to Coast Scenic Drive) and Granada tour (Golden Nutmeg & Diamond Chocolate) were great. We snorkeled with Woodwinds in Bonaire: amazing! This was one of the best cruises we've taken. I highly recommend it. The only downside came at the end, when we had to wait 1 1/2 hrs. to get through Customs. However it wasn't RCI's fault. They did an outstanding job!

Just Lovely

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Florida Fan

Florida Fan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

The cabin was spacious, especially the balcony. We had 2 chairs, 2 tables, and 2 loungers. I love the full curtain that can separate the bed from the TV area. This is an aft cabin, and although it gave a wide view of the sea, I probably wouldn't pick it again for myself. I got a little queasy when the water was rough, and the wake was noisier than I had expected. It got direct sun about half the day. It is a long walk to the elevator, but we didn't mind that, and we enjoyed the privacy at the end of the corridor. Overall, we didn't spend much time on the balcony, but if you like to sit and ponder the water, you might like this location.
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans

• Scuba - Beginner
    The company was very thorough in trying to teach you about use of the scuba equipment and safety. They teach you initially in a pool, then take you to a nearby inlet. However, it was a little too much, too quickly. Entry into the water and going down should be a little slower. I suggest fewer participants and more time for the excursion. Several of the participants ultimately didn't go down and swim around, and perhaps shallower water for beginners would be better.
    View All 8 Scuba - Beginner Reviews
  • Scenic Drive
    The tour guide was terrific. The sights were lovely. Nicely spaced breaks. A total joy.
    View All 28 Scenic Drive Reviews
  • Bonaire
    Booked with the company Woodwinds, which we found on Cruise Critic. This is an A++++++ excursion. I wore sun-protective coverings that they provided. It's not important what level you are. They take great care you have an enjoyable experience.
    View All 11,882 Bonaire Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bonaire Cruise Port Review
  • Spice Tour
    We took the Nutmeg & Diamond Chocolate tour. It was a Sunday, so both factories were not operating, but the factory tour guides were really good. You can buy chocolate bars & other items at the Chocolate location. I found that site especially interesting.
    View All 18 Spice Tour Reviews