3. Carnival Magic
There were nine in my group and as usual we had a good time ( I mean we were cruising the Caribbean) and although we have cruised before on Carnival as well as Royal Caribbean this cruise was below expectations in a couple of areas. First was the fact that we kept finding areas of the boat that were closed for private events. This is not mentioned while you are booking and it made me feel like I bought a plane ticket and the had to ride with the luggage because those willing to pay premiums were occupying the cabin area. Second we had scheduled an early excursion that left before breakfast was served so we ordered from room service to be delivered at 5am, neither of the members of our party ever received their orders. In addition one couple in our group ordered a bottle of Crown Royal to be in their room on arrival and that was also never delivered. Money paid for that (about $90) was reluctantly returned on the next to last day. There was a sewer Oder detectable on board for about the last half of the cruise, but not over powering. The ports of call were for the most part lack luster, but some were really nice. The excursion descriptions could have been more detailed for example the Amazing Hidden River excursion should indicate that older and less limber guests will find it very difficult because of having to duck walk through some areas and that it is very likely because of the makeup of the rock formations you will likely leave with cuts and scrapes. On a positive note our dinning room staff and stateroom cleaning staff were amazing, but the days of wait staff asking if you need another drink before you finish one seems to be a thing of the past with waits sometimes exceeding 2 hours before seeing a waiter. It still beats the heck out of working but I certainly didn't have that pampered feeling of past cruises in any areas outside the Southern Lights dining room or my stateroom.

Fell short of my expectations this time.

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Vacapone

Vacapone’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 1403
The cabin was of sufficient size but had very limited electrical outlets only 2were useable, but was clean and offered a pleasant environment.
Deck 1 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins