3. Diamond Princess
It was our first cruise and we absolutely loved it! The ship itself was magical, we especially loved the Atrium and the Open Deck Pool on Deck 14. The Service was amazing! Every member of the crew we interacted with felt like old friends. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. The dining was lovely, the ambience created in each dining room and at the specialty restaurants was great. Some of the food wasn't as fresh as we would have liked, some pieces a little more fatty than we were used to, but other than that it was great. The entertainment was great. We watched Pianoman and I've got the Music, as well as the singer, Monique and the Comedian, I can't seem to track down his name anywhere but he was a 62 year old from canada, who has a chinese wife and he was amazing. We loved our shore excursions, especially our market visit and cooking class in Ho Chi Minh City! That was the perfect day! We took a bus into the city and then went on a peddy cab ride through smaller city streets, (this was amazing!) and then we met the chef at the market and she took us around buying ingredients. Then we got an hour to shop at this market as it has a wet market and a souvenir section. (we got lots of great souvenirs and tea sets and tshirts and bags, it was great). Then we met the chef back at the Rex hotel and learnt how to make Vietnamese Spring rolls, the sauce that goes with them and we learnt to make tomato roses. then we did a little sightseeing and headed back. What an amazing day! I know I have already raved about the crew but they were seriously amazing. I couldn't get my hands on enough of those cruise nomination cards on the last day and I miss several members of the crew now that we have left. The day we were at Koh Samui, we used tender boats to get to shore and on the way back, there was a huge line at the dock to get back onto the cruise. It was a hot day and we were all tired. There were a few hundred people all waiting for tender boats and the shelter was full so we were lining up outside the shelter in the heat but the Princess staff managed to even make that a much better experience than it was. They had crew members handing out cold towels and chilled water as well as umbrellas to shield the sun. They also loaded up two tender boats at a time, speeding up the process. I was so impressed by their efforts to make the situation that much more bearable. We loved playing Pyramid at the explorers lounge one night. loved it even more because we won a bottle of champagne! haha. We made some lovely friends, we saw new cities and had new experiences. We loved every minute and we cannot wait for our next cruise experience.

Magical Experience

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by enchanted29

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Premium Balcony
It was our first cruise and we absolutely loved it!

enchanted29’s Full Rating Summary
Get Diamond Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B4 B401
The Cabin was great, More than enough space for my mother and I. We thoroughly enjoyed our balcony. Sat there for coffee every morning.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins