3. Silver Cloud
I took my daughter, her husband and their two daughters on a wonderful two week cruise. We went round trip in and out of Cape Town. The ship was in great shape, the crew was fantastic, intuitive and always helpful. The excursions were all very good, with the exception of Port Elizabeth. It was complimentary...a good thing as the place is boring, dirty and easily skip-able...if that's a word. The excursions to visit three game reserves were extraordinary. We saw lions, a big family of giraffes, rhinos, zebras, elephants and many more smaller animals..including some cute little monkeys which delighted the children. My favorite excursion was to a big lake which was filled with "herds" of Hippos. My son in law referred to the lake as a hippo soup. Because it was both a Christmas and a New Year's cruise, the Cloud was very festive..lovely decorations. We all...ages 9 to 75, had a terrific time.

Holiday cruise in South Africa

Silver Cloud Cruise Review by CruisinPashmina

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Africa

CruisinPashmina’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15
Get Silversea Silver Cloud price drops

Cabin was spotless. Both the butler and the suite attendant were wonderful...very responsive. My only tiny complaint was that there weren't enough electrical outlets...hardly a big deal.