3. Zuiderdam
This was our forth Holland America cruise and we picked the Zuiderdam because of going through the Panama Canal. The stop at the port in Columbia was another reason as was the BB King band that we had heard on another cruise. Going through the locks in the Panama Canal was exciting and the port in Columbia was one of the best ever; however after only a few nights in the Queen's lounge, the BB King band disappeared from the ship??? That was the best entertainment and one of the important reasons for us taking the cruise; we were disappointed to say the least, and it happened without explanation. Our balcony cabin was very small but adequate and the cabin crew did an exceptional job and were very pleasant, , , definitely doable! As for the dining, as on all Holland America cruises, it was very good. The only complaint with the food was at breakfast time when they served their smoked salmon plate (beautiful presentation with lemon and capers) with only a 5 cm wedge of tomato. Come on now, there should have been at least two slices! Another disappointment was the Lido Pool Deck, it was where we wanted to rest and chill- out on the chaises and maybe read a book and snooze off! Well that was not to be, , , every time I was just about dozing, someone would go in and out of the ladies room and the door (something was the matter with the spring) would crash with a terrible bang and an echo . I complained about this numerous times, but nothing was done. The most upsetting, and the thing that really ruined my cruise, was my experience in the Greenhouse Spa. They are always trying to push products or a different service. I had signed up for a 50 minute deep tissue massage. Not only did I get my massage, but she asked me while on the table if I had ever tried hot stones. I said "no" and she put some on me to the tune of $20 additional on my bill which I wasn't aware of until check-out. At the end of my massage she suggested a Seaweed treatment for the next time and suggested that I get into this plastic-lined white enclosure to see how it was. Needless to say I got in and out and that was the end of me. I had been suffering with sciatica pain which I mentioned on the in-take paper they had me fill out plus I mentioned it to the masseuse, Climbing in and out caused a flare-up of my pain and I had difficulty walking, so much so that I made an appointment with the ship's acupuncturist to the tune of $171.00.to no avail. I am home four days and still suffering from terrible pain. Instead of just trying to ring up more money, they should pay attention to your medical condition, especially since they have you fill out a questionnaire. I think the manager of the spa and "her girls" would be better off working in a bordello in Las Vegas!

Visually wonderful ship, great art work,

Zuiderdam Cruise Review by pacerh